7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He may we’ll be entitled to wear a uniform, with appropriate insignia to show honorary rank and the service. But not a white uniform in Scotland. White is strictly tropical dress . Last time I looked Scotland wasn’t in the tropics.

He probably misheard and thought it was what he should wear in the Trossachs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO Watterson is the epitome of everything that is wrong with Tynwald. It's not just the demeaning of his post and that of his colleagues with that disgraceful episode on the bus. But it does gi

Scrap the president post it’s just for people who believe they are very important ( when most of the general public don’t give a s%%t about this ceremonial nonsense fancy dress gig)  or make it a part

It's an expensive (to us) role, it's not democratically elected, It serves little obvious constitutional purpose, the holders tend to enjoy dressing up and gadding off around the world to pontificate

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

He probably misheard and thought it was what he should wear in the Trossachs.

The greeting officer was also allegedly wearing whites. Both deaf or apocryphal?  

54 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He may we’ll be entitled to wear a uniform, with appropriate insignia to show honorary rank and the service. But not a white uniform in Scotland. White is strictly tropical dress . Last time I looked Scotland wasn’t in the tropics.

It was 26C the other day in Aberdeen.

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They did have an okay summer...:D

White shirt ( short sleeved ) , white trousers and white hat. Maybe it was a stag do but it’s true. I’ve  seen Prince Andrew kitted out in white in the UK. Maybe it’s ceremonial. It was summer. He looked quite good in it actually.

At the time he was home affairs or whatever it is called so he was permitted to wear uniform on official business and such like. Sure he wore army combat uniform on some other trip back then. 

5 hours ago, Anyone said:

At the time he was home affairs or whatever it is called so he was permitted to wear uniform on official business and such like. Sure he wore army combat uniform on some other trip back then. 

The reason he is allowed to wear the uniform is because he went on the Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme which is run by the weapons manufacturers to totally not lobby Parliamentarians back in 2010.

ETA I see someone has already mentioned this so just ignore my post.

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

More outfits than Dick Emery.

He is awful...but I don’t like him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4