Manx Care

Apple

44 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But why then, as the report that Roger M has been good enough to post indicates, do roles duplicating what Manx Care is (should) be now doing need to be created in an organisation that Manx Care is supposed to be superceding?

These parts of DHSC should now be redundant, not a vehicle to increase their staffing by @ 100%?

That’s to misunderstand the roles of DHSC and MC. The DHSC roles will not be clinical or medical or nursing or care, or management of those services. So no duplication.

Its a problem of this sort of commissioning system that it’s wasteful of management on both sides agreeing what is to be done, setting the budget, reviewing etc. It’s a duff system which England is rowing back from just as IOM launches.

It has one, well two, possibly, advantages.

Immunity from political interference and ability of politicians to plausibly deny any responsibility for service delivery

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s to misunderstand the roles of DHSC and MC. The DHSC roles will not be clinical or medical or nursing or care, or management of those services. So no duplication.

Its a problem of this sort of commissioning system that it’s wasteful of management on both sides agreeing what is to be done, setting the budget, reviewing etc. It’s a duff system which England is rowing back from just as IOM launches.

It has one, well two, possibly, advantages.

Immunity from political interference and ability of politicians to plausibly deny any responsibility for service delivery

Third, recruiting loads of off island folk to build up the population and economically active numbers. They pay taxes invest in the economy. Govt stats look wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Moral is so low in the DHSC that the only thing that's keeping most of the medical staff at Nobles, is the hope that they'll be on duty when Howard Quayle is rushed in for an emergency colonoscopy!

Which by weird coincidence will be the same day that budget cuts mean they run out of sedative and lube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Which by weird coincidence will be the same day that budget cuts mean they run out of sedative and lube.

Colon cancer. What a humorous subject.

Just when you thought Manx Forums contributors couldn’t sink any lower.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Original post did not express the extent of my disgust

Can I suggest for those interested in where this is going to read item 12 a and b on the Boards papers Miaa Cost Improvement Programme report

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/statutory-boards/manx-care/board-meetings-2021/#accordion

On the whole there is a lot in all the papers to promote but the numbers of staff, some still to be appointed, is actually very surprising ( actually staggering).

Overall I am not sure they have grasped the real problems and issues that exist and the real solutions that will provide what is needed.  All I read is mainly cut this, replace that, reduce that, stop that, share more of this, spend more money on money saving schemes (yes) and we will hit the targets. Some of it is a bit like Groundhog Day I'm afraid, but these changes are much "deeper" than before.

All the area reports, including mental health and social care reports are in there. There is also a list of people who have taken part in some of the discussions some of whom I have never heard of, both by name and the role they occupy. Would be interested to know the staffing budget for Manx Board non clinical staff. (Thats a thought, where are GPs in all this?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Colon cancer. What a humorous subject.

Just when you thought Manx Forums contributors couldn’t sink any lower.

You really are a po-faced, self-aggrandizing, supercilious prick aren’t you? Combined with your capacity to misrepresent posts, the detriment to this forum is closer to home than me. Colonoscopy, of which I have experience, is not necessarily associated with colon cancer and my remarks were, in any event, patently a ‘cartoon like’ expansion of the remarks made by the previous poster. Ordinarily, I like to debate matters cogently and rationally on these pages, but in your case I’ll make an exception. Fuck off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Apple said:

Can I suggest for those interested in where this is going to read item 12 a and b on the Boards papers Miaa Cost Improvement Programme report

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/statutory-boards/manx-care/board-meetings-2021/#accordion

On the whole there is a lot in all the papers to promote but the numbers of staff, some still to be appointed, is actually very surprising ( actually staggering).

Overall I am not sure they have grasped the real problems and issues that exist and the real solutions that will provide what is needed.  All I read is mainly cut this, replace that, reduce that, stop that, share more of this, spend more money on money saving schemes (yes) and we will hit the targets. Some of it is a bit like Groundhog Day I'm afraid, but these changes are much "deeper" than before.

All the area reports, including mental health and social care reports are in there. There is also a list of people who have taken part in some of the discussions some of whom I have never heard of, both by name and the role they occupy. Would be interested to know the staffing budget for Manx Board non clinical staff. (Thats a thought, where are GPs in all this?)

Cost pressures all over the place. Get out deferral for now and go to Treasury for more money. Happy days...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

You really are a po-faced, self-aggrandizing, supercilious prick aren’t you? Combined with your capacity to misrepresent posts, the detriment to this forum is closer to home than me. Colonoscopy, of which I have experience, is not necessarily associated with colon cancer and my remarks were, in any event, patently a ‘cartoon like’ expansion of the remarks made by the previous poster. Ordinarily, I like to debate matters cogently and rationally on these pages, but in your case I’ll make an exception. Fuck off.

Seems reaonable enough.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Wishing ill on others ( be it Max Power or yourself) in a “cartoon”  or other way,  is not a pleasant attribute 

I don't wish ill on anyone, I just have a sick sense of humour. :) 

• Thanks 1