15 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There will be too many locals still bricking it about outsiders coming here next June. There’s no way it’s going ahead. 

You do talk a load of tripe at times.

Locals don't care who comes to the island as long as they follow the quarantine rules. The only ones bricking it appear to be you and your mates who want to go on holiday but don't want to quarantine when you get back.  If they are still in place next year then that alone will prevent the TT from happening. I can't see anybody wanting to come here for two weeks quarantine before TT fortnight. Where would they stay?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only a few 2021 TT T-shirts left, just DM me please. £29.99 each. Stock list: S - 5,670 M - 6,220 L - 8,321 XL- 8,934 XXXXL - 20,567

At least the promenade will be finished by then.

Biggest issue I would say is going to be a PR disaster. The return of deposits and carry over bookings. I honestly feel theres no way that the 2021 TT can go ahead due to many reasons not least availa

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You do talk a load of tripe at times.

Locals don't care who comes to the island as long as they follow the quarantine rules. The only ones bricking it appear to be you and your mates who want to go on holiday but don't want to quarantine when you get back.  If they are still in place next year then that alone will prevent the TT from happening. I can't see anybody wanting to come here for two weeks quarantine before TT fortnight. Where would they stay?

For the 101st time angry troll not one poster questioning the border policy has mentioned holidays. Not one. You’re a broken record. 

Well whatever way the coin lands I hope a decision is taken sooner rather than later the way things are going across, which is really upsetting for all concerned, is what will ultimately influence the decision to cancel  and unless a miracle happens I cannot see it improving over the winter period with the flu and cold symptoms complicating the issue.  

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Well whatever way the coin lands I hope a decision is taken sooner rather than later the way things are going across, which is really upsetting for all concerned, is what will ultimately influence the decision to cancel  and unless a miracle happens I cannot see it improving over the winter period with the flu and cold symptoms complicating the issue.  

Unless the vaccine is ready! The Donald says ready soon if you believe anything he says!

There's an awful lot of people who think that the TT etc will be finished if the events don't run for a second year. I think they are underestimating the desire for them to continue amongst their supporters and competitors around the world. I know we live in different times but the TT has survived two world wars, the MGP one. Many of its supporters and competitors suffered far worse fates than Covid-19 infection. Some of the arguments against the races are actually pitiful and hardly worth consideration. I can confidently say that however long this pandemic lasts, the TT will emerge on the other side. 

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Banker said:

I don Believe anything he says! He is a report on where the world is with vaccine, some results are very encouraging with UAE approving one.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

Given they can't provide a suitable vaccine for the common cold or flu, where is this miracle vaccine coming from?

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

There's an awful lot of people who think that the TT etc will be finished if the events don't run for a second year. I think they are underestimating the desire for them to continue amongst their supporters and competitors around the world. I know we live in different times but the TT has survived two world wars, the MGP one. Many of its supporters and competitors suffered far worse fates than Covid-19 infection. Some of the arguments against the races are actually pitiful and hardly worth consideration. I can confidently say that however long this pandemic lasts, the TT will emerge on the other side. 

+1

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Given they can't provide a suitable vaccine for the common cold or flu, where is this miracle vaccine coming from?

Well they’re obviously not bothered about the millions who die from flu and massive amounts are being spent on Covid vaccine which will probably be a success reading updates.

when it will be available for mass vaccination is another thing but forecasters say mid 2021

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Locals don't care who comes to the island as long as they follow the quarantine rules.

I do because they are not sticking to the rules. 

19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm not anti-TT by any means but I think there needs to be a long hard think by those responsible about its long term future. Even if TT2021 and beyond take place, sponsor money to support the major teams and privateers is likely to be in much shorter supply; shortage of marshals is becoming an increasing concern; the costs of attending TT as a spectator will increase as accommodation option decrease. And my biggest concern is the increasing likelihood of someone having a major off and fatalities caused by machine and rider ploughing into a crowd. We've had one situation on 2007, one with serious injuries only at the bottom of Bray Hill...I really hope I'm wrong but any multi-fatality incident would surely bring the costs of insurance, and damaged reputation of the Island into play in determining whether these races could take place again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I agree. The TT won't happen next year but will survive in one form or another.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I certainly hope so, but the noises from the organisers of the Ulster HP at Dundrod were not positive even before Covid.

I think the TT is wonderful and needs to continue, but each year it's missing makes it harder to resume. I think it's important that 2021 happens even if non-resident spectator numbers are low.