TT 2021 ??

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only a few 2021 TT T-shirts left, just DM me please. £29.99 each. Stock list: S - 5,670 M - 6,220 L - 8,321 XL- 8,934 XXXXL - 20,567

Surely Alan means costs millions. DfE have people like Sheldon Hooper doing their theoretical estimations. The cost of house trams over the amount of money in the universe divided by the num

At least the promenade will be finished by then.

Posted Images

I've read the posts above with interest. As usual the thread has lost the original plot. The reason I started it was not so much the pros and cons of the TT, but the leadership or lack of. An MHK is facing a difficult position where there is an opportunity to lead, not to follow/react to the situation. This could apply equally to the promenade debacle,  coronovirus or many other issues. 

We need, in my opinion to have decisive leaders able to make difficult decisions which they can stand by. Unfortunately I don't see leaders and decision makers in our political elite. 

• Thanks 1

How do you propose our government progresses then I think their leadership regarding Brexit has been excellent, about the T.T. not a lack of leadership but too soon to call, they will have to decide before Christmas I would say, if they say yes at the moment fans will book, racing teams will prepare or will they ?  and it may all come to nothing because of a situation beyond our remit.   If they say no they will be castigated as killers of the economy.  It is difficult to lead when you have the facts to study but this is unknown territory and beyond anyone’s control.  They are keeping calm and carrying on and this is all anyone can ask of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No, they can be asked to get on now with appointing the Climate Change Transition Team and spending the £10m Tynwald allocated phase one budget on greating green jobs, transitioning to a green economy & saving nature on the Isle of Man

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, NoTail said:

I've read the posts above with interest. As usual the thread has lost the original plot. The reason I started it was not so much the pros and cons of the TT, but the leadership or lack of. An MHK is facing a difficult position where there is an opportunity to lead, not to follow/react to the situation. This could apply equally to the promenade debacle,  coronovirus or many other issues. 

We need, in my opinion to have decisive leaders able to make difficult decisions which they can stand by. Unfortunately I don't see leaders and decision makers in our political elite. 

Evidence and policy-based decision making isn’t hard, if you are trained to do it. If Government actually invested in this, and used a single model, everyone, from top to bottom, including the public, would have a much clearer understanding as to why things are being done. 

The police service adopted one called the National Decision Model around 2008. It’s used for everything from armed operations to which donuts to order. I’ve done extensive work with it since leaving the service to make it more widely applicable, and did make an approach to do some work to pilot it’s introduction into IOMG. 

Not even the courtesy of a reply, sadly. But there you go. 

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

No, they can be asked to get on now with appointing the Climate Change Transition Team and spending the £10m Tynwald allocated phase one budget on greating green jobs, transitioning to a green economy & saving nature on the Isle of Man

A good example of a controversial issue where positive,  strong leadership would be appreciated. Of course its easier to avoid making the decision. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

7 minutes ago, NoTail said:

A good example of a controversial issue where positive,  strong leadership would be appreciated. Of course its easier to avoid making the decision. 

This is one area which most of that £10m will be poured down the drain, setting and chasing impossible targets for a microscopic benefit. Virtue signalling at it's best. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Evidence and policy-based decision making isn’t hard, if you are trained to do it. If Government actually invested in this, and used a single model, everyone, from top to bottom, including the public, would have a much clearer understanding as to why things are being done. 

The police service adopted one called the National Decision Model around 2008. It’s used for everything from armed operations to which donuts to order. I’ve done extensive work with it since leaving the service to make it more widely applicable, and did make an approach to do some work to pilot it’s introduction into IOMG. 

Not even the courtesy of a reply, sadly. But there you go. 

That's because we do Policy-based evidence. At every level from LAs up to Central Govt.

Modifying selectively drawn facts to suit the theory dreamed up by those who can't even put the coffee and newspaper down to come out of the office for a look at the subject matter. It's rife IMHO.

And then when there's an almighty cock up we'll deny everything, blame somebody else, maybe get promoted out of the way and the tax/ratepayer can pick up the tab, every time.

It's what we do and why we are where we are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, NoTail said:

Unfortunately I don't see leaders and decision makers in our political elite. 

There is no elite. Which is why you’re right.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

This is one area which most of that £10m will be poured down the drain, setting and chasing impossible targets for a microscopic benefit. Virtue signalling at it's best. 

How so?

it my experience IOMG sets itself immensely soft targets

If it gets going at all (which it is showing absolutely no sign of doing when it comes to climate change transition)

Edited by Donald Trumps
3 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

How so?

it my experience IOMG sets itself immensely soft targets

If it gets going at all (which it is showing absolutely no sign of doing when it comes to climate change transition)

As someone once wrote in my staff appraisal. “Flint sets himself consistently low targets, and persistently fails to meet them”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Could anybody tell me, what the hell would someone in DFE motorsport be doing overtime for, 

But they paid £2,088.73 overtime from 15th March to 30th June 2020.

A bit unfair that.  The MERA applications etc would have been heavy going.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, Donald Trumps said:

Wonder if setting up a through ticket to Europe via Ireland would attract much custom?

There's now four ferry operators skirting round Cornwall to take Irish folks straight to the heart the heart of Europe -   Irish Ferries, Cobelfret (CLdN), Brittany Ferries and Stena Line

The UK are setting their mark out advertising that duty free will return in January. If the Steam Packet sell something that people might want, you might see more people wanting to go to Ireland.

No doubt the Steam Packet will decide not to bother.