4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't actually think that "the will of the people [...] is overwhelming in support of the TT".  I think it's much more varied and ambiguous that that.  The problem is that politicians only hear the more vociferous and extreme views from either side - this is true about all political topics of course.  

Yep, I agree, but whatever it is the political world where governmental decisions are made that I am talking about. 

So I say again, in absence of those voices against [eta: in Tynwald], the support for the TT is overwhelming. 

Edited by Barlow
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least the promenade will be finished by then.

Biggest issue I would say is going to be a PR disaster. The return of deposits and carry over bookings. I honestly feel theres no way that the 2021 TT can go ahead due to many reasons not least availa

It’s another element of our future which we are going to have to come to terms with if the event is not going to run next year. If it doesn’t, then we are in an interesting position on a number of lev

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yep, I agree, but whatever it is the political world where governmental decisions are made that I am talking about. 

So I say again, in absence of those voices against [eta: in Tynwald], the support for the TT is overwhelming. 

It isn't though. At all.  I suspect if a poll was conducted of residents about the TT you would find drastically different results from a generation ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It isn't though. At all.  I suspect if a poll was conducted of residents about the TT you would find drastically different results from a generation ago.

That may as be, but I am talking about the democratically elected voice against the TT. Where is it? There isn't one.

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

I wonder if thought has been given to a temporary pit/grandstand infrastructure as per other street circuits? e.g Monaco, Albert Park. 

Start erecting it in March then take it down post-MGP.

They do. It's called the Hospitality Tent (much maligned). The cynic in me says that's what's behind the Grandstand redevelopment proposals - a tent is just not GOOD enough....

• Like 1
Just now, LightBulb said:

Would this not be the golden opportunity to pull the plug on the event permanently, and save many lives ?

Yes apparently government is responsible for protecting people to the point of making hundreds unemployed and potentially irreparably fucking the economy but is not responsible for protecting people who want to come here kill themselves on motorbikes. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes apparently government is responsible for protecting people to the point of making hundreds unemployed and potentially irreparably fucking the economy but is not responsible for protecting people who want to come here kill themselves on motorbikes. 

The TT is government run, is it not, so where do you draw the line, between students coming home for xmas, ( possibly bringing in the virus infection )  possibly causing deaths, and the TT also causing deaths ?

3 hours ago, LightBulb said:

The TT is government run, is it not, so where do you draw the line, between students coming home for xmas, ( possibly bringing in the virus infection )  possibly causing deaths, and the TT also causing deaths ?

A shining example of the contradiction that persists in Government policy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1