Jump to content

TT 2021 ??


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only a few 2021 TT T-shirts left, just DM me please. £29.99 each. Stock list: S - 5,670 M - 6,220 L - 8,321 XL- 8,934 XXXXL - 20,567

At least the promenade will be finished by then.

Biggest issue I would say is going to be a PR disaster. The return of deposits and carry over bookings. I honestly feel theres no way that the 2021 TT can go ahead due to many reasons not least availa

Posted Images

Trouble is it is unknown territory no small dilemna for those making the decisions.   Alf did say he would announce a decision in the next few weeks but I cannot see anything changing that would give them confidence to go ahead with this.  Truly terrible times with  no light on the horizon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like an economic death wish from  here. You have two different events, with two groups of fans/visitors and an island with very limited facilities for tourists. So a single event and you can sell once, two events and you can sell things twice. You will halve the ferry revenue, the hotel incomes etc, etc. would make sense if the TT was not popular and sold out every year - but it doesn’t seem to be. Or is that incorrect?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

Sounds like an economic death wish from  here. You have two different events, with two groups of fans/visitors and an island with very limited facilities for tourists. So a single event and you can sell once, two events and you can sell things twice. You will halve the ferry revenue, the hotel incomes etc, etc. would make sense if the TT was not popular and sold out every year - but it doesn’t seem to be. Or is that incorrect?

Biggest issue I would say is going to be a PR disaster. The return of deposits and carry over bookings. I honestly feel theres no way that the 2021 TT can go ahead due to many reasons not least availability of  marshals . I for one will be gutted as not just the financial benefit to the Island but the feel good factor it brings to so many. I know people who rely on TT for survival over quiet winter months so its all not good.    

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Ambitious plans for a flyover or underpass? Personally I would think an underpass would be easier to construct, 'cut and cover' style. Probably the best solution for the footbridges too!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/flyover-and-underpass-among-tt-access-options/

After the Promenade fiasco I would not let the DOI dig a fucking hole, firstly they would dig it in the wrong place and secondly they would dig it the wrong depth and thirdly give the contract to their mates and have to dig the hole six times before it is right. I am more and more convinced Baker is smoking one of Teapots Moroccan woodbines with the crap he is coming out with! Where is all this money coming from? We could be bust next April the way things are going.

  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Teapot wishes he had some morrocan woodbine's to smoke!

If I had the photoshop skills I'd definitely find a good photo of the Snugbrough area and get the Milleau Viaduct right across it. That's got to be the best solution here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Ambitious plans for a flyover or underpass? Personally I would think an underpass would be easier to construct, 'cut and cover' style. Probably the best solution for the footbridges too!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/flyover-and-underpass-among-tt-access-options/

Yep a flyover would be ludicrously expensive.

Flyover it is then.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Ambitious plans for a flyover or underpass? Personally I would think an underpass would be easier to construct, 'cut and cover' style. Probably the best solution for the footbridges too!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/flyover-and-underpass-among-tt-access-options/

Good to see the DoI's crack supply didn't run out during lockdown

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Teapot wishes he had some morrocan woodbine's to smoke!

If I had the photoshop skills I'd definitely find a good photo of the Snugbrough area and get the Milleau Viaduct right across it. That's got to be the best solution here.

Don’t we all✌️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...