TT 2021 ??

18 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

With both original members being vulnerable I doubt it. I occasionally bump into Roger Taylor (big house close to me), if I remember I'll ask.

Ohh you name dropper you ;) 

Ask him if he remembers me from when they played at the Lido? I was a couple of rows back from the front of the stage, long brown hair and big nose. There were only a couple of hundred of us there so he must remember! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only a few 2021 TT T-shirts left, just DM me please. £29.99 each. Stock list: S - 5,670 M - 6,220 L - 8,321 XL- 8,934 XXXXL - 20,567

Surely Alan means costs millions. DfE have people like Sheldon Hooper doing their theoretical estimations. The cost of house trams over the amount of money in the universe divided by the num

At least the promenade will be finished by then.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Ohh you name dropper you ;) 

Ask him if he remembers me from when they played at the Lido? I was a couple of rows back from the front of the stage, long brown hair and big nose. There were only a couple of hundred of us there so he must remember! 

You'll also see Brian May (badger man) down here - goes dirt riding on his bike, occasionally needs help :) .

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

NorthWest 200 cancelled for 2021, £12M estimated loss to the local economy (Belfast Telegraph).

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

NorthWest 200 cancelled for 2021, £12M estimated loss to the local economy (Belfast Telegraph).

Those eternal words 'estimated' 

Just like horse trams are 'estimated' to be worth millions 

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

Those eternal words 'estimated' 

Just like horse trams are 'estimated' to be worth millions 

By their very nature events such as this can only have estimated financial benefits. 

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the horse trams bring in millions? 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the horse trams bring in millions? 

Surely Alan means costs millions.

DfE have people like Sheldon Hooper doing their theoretical estimations.

The cost of house trams over the amount of money in the universe divided by the number of people who live

on the planet times by the people who have heard of the isle of man, squared. Then rounded off to a guess.

It is called Hooperskelly string vest theory.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

I've just taken a phone call from a mate/regular homestay in Germany wanting to know if it's true that MGP has been scratched because he and his mates are worried about booking travel! 

Told him there's been no such announcement here, as far as I know, has anybody heard anything to the contrary yet?

I've since been sent the following image/continental opinion which I believe may refer to travel options.... 😂

IMG-20210105-WA0001.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, Non-Believer said:

I've just taken a phone call from a mate/regular homestay in Germany wanting to know if it's true that MGP has been scratched because he and his mates are worried about booking travel! 

Told him there's been no such announcement here, as far as I know, has anybody heard anything to the contrary yet?

Nothing official but I’d be very surprised if it goes ahead. Decision in March I believe. 

16 minutes ago, Beer Boy said:

Nothing official but I’d be very surprised if it goes ahead. Decision in March I believe. 

I would tend to agree there is too many moving parts to the racing aspect for it to go ahead - medics, marshalls, team logistics and signatures etc. It would be nice if we were in a position to have a classic motorcycle festival with bands, shows, ride outs, parade laps etc. I think there would be an appetite for somehong like that and give people to look forward to.

26 minutes ago, Beer Boy said:

Glastonbury 2021 is already cancelled; I doubt TT 2021 will go ahead either.