TT 2021 ??

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

MGP officially cancelled.

If I was involved in all that kind of thing I'd have been looking to hold a S100 type meeting in MGP week, not as big or as complicated as the big course.

The people you need - medical, police etc. would probably prefer to have a week off after the grief of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only a few 2021 TT T-shirts left, just DM me please. £29.99 each. Stock list: S - 5,670 M - 6,220 L - 8,321 XL- 8,934 XXXXL - 20,567

Surely Alan means costs millions. DfE have people like Sheldon Hooper doing their theoretical estimations. The cost of house trams over the amount of money in the universe divided by the num

At least the promenade will be finished by then.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

MGP officially cancelled.

When did that happen? I know there have been rumours but I've not heard anything official. (probably asleep) Do you have a link please?

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

When did that happen? I know there have been rumours but I've not heard anything official. (probably asleep) Do you have a link please?

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

The people you need - medical, police etc. would probably prefer to have a week off after the grief of Covid.

On the other hand, accommodation providers will have had over a year's worth of weeks off by August.

8 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Thank you. Guess I was asleep. I knew about the border reopening proposed timeline, but thought (HOPED!) they were keeping their options open as the MGP is so late in August. 

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Thanks for that. 👍

Edited by Zarley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

"support the development and implementation of all logistical, infrastructure, facilities management, health and safety and risk management elements of the Isle of Man TT, Classic TT and Manx Grand Prix."

I'd want a lot more than £45K to take on that responsibility.........................

I think that is what will finish it in time, no one will want to put their name to documents about risk management of the course when the course is plainly totally unsafe, let alone spectator safety and the gov would not spend the money to make it safe.

48 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

"support the development and implementation of all logistical, infrastructure, facilities management, health and safety and risk management elements of the Isle of Man TT, Classic TT and Manx Grand Prix."

I'd want a lot more than £45K to take on that responsibility.........................

I think that is what will finish it in time, no one will want to put their name to documents about risk management of the course when the course is plainly totally unsafe, let alone spectator safety and the gov would not spend the money to make it safe.

It is only the deputy role. I might have applied had I still been over there as I could evidence a lot of the criteria. If your risk assessments are done properly, and you have clear terms of reference in terms of government policy on acceptable risk, then it would be a breeze. 

Mind you, seeI got as they have closed all the open air amenity sites, it appears that risk appetite is starting to diminish somewhat!

37 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It is only the deputy role. I might have applied had I still been over there as I could evidence a lot of the criteria. If your risk assessments are done properly, and you have clear terms of reference in terms of government policy on acceptable risk, then it would be a breeze. 

Mind you, seeI got as they have closed all the open air amenity sites, it appears that risk appetite is starting to diminish somewhat!

Do you really think there  is a document stating the  "terms of government policy on acceptable risk" 

Cant see it myself

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Do you really think there  is a document stating the  "terms of government policy on acceptable risk" 

Cant see it myself

It’s the first question I’d be asking. This is a tactical role. I’d be nailing down the strategists and policy makers for some clear guidance and framework. Without it, you can’t actually do that job. 

I know there were folk near the top of the food chain who were totally blind to the level of accountability they were carrying.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It’s the first question I’d be asking. This is a tactical role. I’d be nailing down the strategists and policy makers for some clear guidance and framework. Without it, you can’t actually do that job. 

I know there were folk near the top of the food chain who were totally blind to the level of accountability they were carrying.

And that is the problem.

Manx solutions to Manx problems, i.e. not done properly.......

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Totally blind or just dismissive? On account of the fact that if anything did go tits up they'd be off scot-free courtesy of The System?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a government role, dealing with the event rather than the on track element. This is dealt with by ACU Events for the TT and the Manx Motor Cycle Club for the MGP and CTT. It is governed by the ACU, through its course inspections, the Clerk of the Course and the Safety Officer. All risk assessments relating to the racing are carried out by them. The H&S involving the rest of the event are the responsibility of the DofE.  

• Like 1