Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thesultanofsheight

Slagging off PSM is a criminal offense!

Just now, Max Power said:

Hang on, there's the...erm you're right!

It’s just brilliant the guy said “Fuck Port St Mary” while going through on a bus and ends up with a £200 fine! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they apply the same rule to Douglas, the courts would be full

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Ballaugh is a twat.

Ballaugh is a twat,

Then Peel is an arse,

St John’s field an armpit

All covered in grass

To “Fuck Port St Mary”

Then a cunt it must be

I’ll get on the bus,

All the way from Ramsey

Pointing out places

Such as that pair of tits

Snaefell and Barrule,

And the River Neb pouring shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lucky he was only pissed and shouting. If he'd spewed up they'd have sentenced him to a term as President.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

To be fair to the guy, he's an equal opportunity insulter.  Douglas, Peel, Ballasalla, there's no part o the Island where he can't get drunk and disorderly (which is what he was actually done for).  It's his medication apparently.  Not the cider, honest.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair to the guy, he's an equal opportunity insulter.  Douglas, Peel, Ballasalla, there's no part o the Island where he can't get drunk and disorderly (which is what he was actually done for).  It's his medication apparently.  Not the cider, honest.

The guy believes in equality...

He was a good mate of mine when we were at school. He was in the top sets of everything. Really intellegent. Then we went our seperate ways and I didn't see him for the best part of 30yrs. The first time I seen him was on the bus and he said 'Hi.' The only thing I could say was, 'Who are you?' He looked a mess. I swore there and then that I'd reduce my drinking. It's a crying shame what has happened to him really. I don't know what the answer is because what's the point of helping him if he won't help himself?  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, rodders said:

The first time I seen him was on the bus and he said 'Hi.' The only thing I could say was, 'Who are you?' He looked a mess. 

He did the same to me! Apparently I used to wait for the bus to school with him.

To be honest he has got a point to some extent.

Went through there last week and PSM seems to be in a state of decay. No new businesses for a while, the once famous and excellent Fish Shop now a former shadow,  no Patchwork any more (which was one of the main reasons for going there, especially for film nights). And towering over all that is the slowly sinking into the ground House of Manxonia.  Commissioners biggest mistake, can't offload it, looks a complete mess. Best thing is to wait now, pull it all down and start again. Waste of money. 

When is the Commisisoners election date or have they decided not to have one?

Edited by Apple

This reminds me of the days when a mini van would go round the village with a loud hailer on its roof announcing to our visitors about the Port Erin or Port St Mary Regatta etc.

I suppose getting on the top deck of a bus, pissed up and yelling "Fuck Port St Mary" is indicative of how things have become.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rodders said:

[...] . It's a crying shame what has happened to him really. I don't know what the answer is because what's the point of helping him if he won't help himself?  

It seems very self-destructive.  He's banned from buying alcohol and it looks as if most of his wanderings are to find somewhere that will sell it to him, not realising that he is banned.  He then gets drunk and randomly abusive and arrested.  Those three sets of court cases are all from 2020 and there's no reference to him engaging with Motiv8 or similar - just the same excuse about medication.  There's clearly elements of 'a cry for help' about his behaviour, but maybe he wants to be forced into getting it.

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It seems very self-destructive.  He's banned from buying alcohol and it looks as if most of his wanderings are to find somewhere that will sell it to him, not realising that he is banned.  He then gets drunk and randomly abusive and arrested.  Those three sets of court cases are all from 2020 and there's no reference to him engaging with Motiv8 or similar - just the same excuse about medication.  There's clearly elements of 'a cry for help' about his behaviour, but maybe he wants to be forced into getting it.

He’s got no chance by far we prefer to arrest people and bang them up over helping them with their issues. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1