Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Neil Down

Sold down the River

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57818&headline=Steel worker admits being involved in £40%2C000 money laundering&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2020&cat=Crime

Wonder if the plod gave any consideration at all for the safety of this witness? They wonder why nobody trusts them

8 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57818&headline=Steel worker admits being involved in £40%2C000 money laundering&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2020&cat=Crime

Wonder if the plod gave any consideration at all for the safety of this witness? They wonder why nobody trusts them

Just what I was thinking, people have been bumped off for much less. Surely they would have been much better to have tracked the parcel to its destination and nabbed the whole lot of them? (Perhaps they did?)

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Just what I was thinking, people have been bumped off for much less. Surely they would have been much better to have tracked the parcel to its destination and nabbed the whole lot of them? (Perhaps they did?)

Somebody somewhere is going to be wanting that money and as you say, people have been hurt for less.

26 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Quite but apparently they have put her into a witness protection scheme and she has had some plastic surgery done. She now looks like this.

jm.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Presumably the witness was recruited by the money laundered and is known to them, and the police just confirmed to everyone that she's the one who lost them forty grand.

Hmm. Hope she's got protection!

• Like 1

If not the witness certainly the cousin in the UK could be at risk?

• Like 1

There was an article in the Sunday paper last week relating to who is running the cannabis cartel in the UK. The Albanians seem to be the prime movers/growers. Using it to fund their human trafficking side of the business

31 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

There was an article in the Sunday paper last week relating to who is running the cannabis cartel in the UK. The Albanians seem to be the prime movers/growers. Using it to fund their human trafficking side of the business

Albanians eh. Sounds like a job for Liam Neeson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I read the topic title and though this was about the Manx public and the DOI...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I read the topic title and though this was about the Manx public and the DOI...

That's still money laundering,  just legal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tetchtyke said:

Presumably the witness was recruited by the money laundered and is known to them, and the police just confirmed to everyone that she's the one who lost them forty grand.

Hmm. Hope she's got protection!

I doubt it. But honestly why some muppet would ask a total idiot relative to retrieve £40K for them is amazing. You must know if a relative of yours is a total idiot or not. Dropped them all right in the shit. Did she really think she was picking up a pair of trainers from some dodgy bloke with a flat in Rosemount? They should have made her watch The Transporter - Rule 3 never open the package!

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2