Political Comeback

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quirkio wont be returning for his benefit. It will be because constituents keep on stopping him in the street and begging him to come back and sort the place out. 

Give it a rest FFS.  

He is a bit loose with his words, like Liverpool back four with the ball.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think David will make a good commissioner, the work he does with the kids in the Onchan football community is amazing.   At least he will be an improvement on some of the dross that are sitting now.   

I agree, but he should say less, ( bit like me :flowers:)

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Thanks you are right. Same Christian name, same whine and same bull.

+1

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I think David will make a good commissioner, the work he does with the kids in the Onchan football community is amazing.   At least he will be an improvement on some of the dross that are sitting now.   

He is the king of grannie farming when it comes to votes, and he saw the potential in kiddie farming and it paid off. Apart from that last time that is. Perhaps he didn't realise that kiddies grow up and get some sense and grannies simply die.  A term in the House of Keys then there are better things to do than go to Onchan Pensioners tea parties and Onchan junior football. He simpoly lost touch hob-nobbing it as a Tynwald Member VIP.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Barlow said:

He is the king of grannie farming when it comes to votes, and he saw the potential in kiddie farming and it paid off. Apart from that last time that is. Perhaps he didn't realise that kiddies grow up and get some sense and grannies simply die.  A term in the House of Keys then there are better things to do than go to Onchan Pensioners tea parties and Onchan junior football. He simpoly lost touch hob-nobbing it as a Tynwald Member VIP.

There were actually at least four failed attempts in 1986, 1991, 1996 and 2001 before he finally got elected.  So he only won two out of seven general elections he stood in, which might show the limitations of granny-farming.  He also lost in 2016 despite being the only sitting MHK who was re-standing.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

There were actually at least four failed attempts in 1986, 1991, 1996 and 2001 before he finally got elected.  So he only won two out of seven general elections he stood in, which might show the limitations of granny-farming.  He also lost in 2016 despite being the only sitting MHK who was re-standing.

Not at all. (granny farming ftw btw) He was doing other stuff such as working as a plumber with the corpy and stocking up his aladdins cave of a lockup garage for doing foreigners (is that term still used?) for much of the fail years, before realising that the only way he was going to get elected was through the various vote farming techniques.

He took his eye off the ball being too busy going to the Tynwald Banquets and  Tynwald Garden* Parties by 2016, rather than sharing a pot of tea and talking about varicose veins (and votes of course...) at the Onchan Pensioners club. By which time merit and ability would have become a more worthwhile factor to give someone your vote.

*and appearing on Manx Radio Mannin Line with fellow fall guy Howard Quayle**, supporting the toilet tax.

** except Howard didn't fall. Did he.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I’m not sure he would be any worse than some of the current incumbents. I’m not sure whether this was a dig at Chris Thomas to try to suggest that all the questions he’s asking recently cost money which is robbing the taxpayer, or whether it’s to hide his own lack of Tynwald questions, but one Onchan MHK really seems to have lost it in the self justification stakes from his blog. Shame on you Chris Thomas for asking all those £70 awkward questions when nobody else has!

“So a quick calculation confirms that the actual cost to the taxpayer for answering 3,328 questions over the past four years is around £232,960. Personally, I have found that a quick email to the particular department gets you the information you require, but on occasion questions need to be raised in the public domain I guess it is up to the general public to decide if a question being tabled is valid and worthy of the cost or if the question could have simply been answered via an email to the Department.“

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m not sure he would be any worse than some of the current incumbents. I’m not sure whether this was a dig at Chris Thomas to try to suggest that all the questions he’s asking cost money, or whether it’s to hide his own lack of Tynwald questions, but one Onchan MHK really seems to have lost it in the self justification stakes from his blog. Shame on you Chris Thomas for asking all those £70 awkward questions! 

“So a quick calculation confirms that the actual cost to the taxpayer for answering 3,328 questions over the past four years is around £232,960. Personally, I have found that a quick email to the particular department gets you the information you require, but on occasion questions need to be raised in the public domain I guess it is up to the general public to decide if a question being tabled is valid and worthy of the cost or if the question could have simply been answered via an email to the Department.“

Missed by a county mile again. Keep trying.

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m not sure he would be any worse than some of the current incumbents. I’m not sure whether this was a dig at Chris Thomas to try to suggest that all the questions he’s asking recently cost money which is robbing the taxpayer, or whether it’s to hide his own lack of Tynwald questions, but one Onchan MHK really seems to have lost it in the self justification stakes from his blog. Shame on you Chris Thomas for asking all those £70 awkward questions when nobody else has!

If a quick email to the department gets you the information you require, why did he ask 201 questions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1