IOM replaced by manxified cat in UK Govt publication

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might have to destroy Douglas to make it though, though that might be an argument in favour. Also, we need a massive fog horn on North Barrule that miaows disapprovingly at England every hour, on

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/867867/sea-passengers-short-sea-routes-2019.pdf

What a facile observation. The monorail is a fundamentally important asset within the transport infrastructure to the Felt Museum. Are you mad?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, The Old Git said:

That only because Ramsey is the cat’s whiskers

Excellent!

3 hours ago, Barlow said:

or the shape of the Island at the Mooragh Park Lake

I always thought that was an urban myth because it looks absolutely nothing like the Island

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

What a facile observation. The monorail is a fundamentally important asset within the transport infrastructure to the Felt Museum. Are you mad?

You're not looking at the long term: make the island into the shape of a cat so we attract massive interest from around the world, then. . .something, something, blockchain. . .and, bob's your uncle, we have enough money rolling in to build monorails all over the place and felt museums in every single town and village.

I fully expect this to lead to a snowball effect of ever increasing investment and we'll soon be able to buy Lancashire, incorporate it into greater Mannin, and force its inhabitants to mine asteroids for the continuing prosperity of their Manx overlords.

Also, the monorail trains will be shaped like cats

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looking at the shape, it may be the death knell for Port Erin, however.  No one would want to holiday at Port One-eyed Cat would they?           

(Anyone owning a cat will understand.)

• Haha 3
22 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Aw, they’ve replaced the cat now. Boring. 

Boo! I wonder if that was because some stuffed shirt here made an official complaint, or whether some stuffed shirt over there thought you couldn’t allow any levity in official publications. It’s not as if the cat map was likely to get used to plan a route. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Boo! I wonder if that was because some stuffed shirt here made an official complaint, or whether some stuffed shirt over there thought you couldn’t allow any levity in official publications. It’s not as if the cat map was likely to get used to plan a route. 

May be better than some satnavs!

11 hours ago, Gladys said:

They all have tails...

Blasphemer! Witch..!

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, wrighty said:

Some official got in a cat flap.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, wrighty said:

And presumably no one even noticed till now since the report was published in February.  Because the shape was so distorted by the word Douglas in any case you can't really get the joke unless you zoom in.  If it was a joke - maybe someone just googled the wrong Manx silhouette to add to add to a UK map they were already using in the report.

12 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

I always thought that was an urban myth because it looks absolutely nothing like the Island

If you look at a map and squint and blink at the same time with sunglasses on it sort of looks like the right shape, but upside down. There has been a lot of work carried out over the years so maybe that shape has changed?

19601107 IMD p05 Mooragh Parkarticle and photo.jpg

Edited by Barlow