I've noticed a lot of UK registered cars over here.

Some people I know have also come back, staying at parents, or a place they've rented out and have now moved back into whilst the UK is all over the place and once all cleared up they'll move back.

They work for UK Companies, pay UK tax, UK NI but none in the IOM, same with the cars tax, insurance here etc.

Is this above valid? i.e. they aren't paying into the locals funds (tax, NI etc) but assumed to use the service if they get ill.

Not much different than the classic trope of people retiring over here having spent a lifetime working in the UK and paying in there then spending their more healthcare dependent years in the IOM paying a minimum of tax on pension income.

The flip side to your negative spin is that they will be spending UK money in IOM shops which is an influx into the economy and in due course might decide to relocate to the IOM which brings people in a working age demographic to the Island.

7 hours ago, Knoxville said:

I've noticed a lot of UK registered cars over here.

Some people I know have also come back, staying at parents, or a place they've rented out and have now moved back into whilst the UK is all over the place and once all cleared up they'll move back.

They work for UK Companies, pay UK tax, UK NI but none in the IOM, same with the cars tax, insurance here etc.

Is this above valid? i.e. they aren't paying into the locals funds (tax, NI etc) but assumed to use the service if they get ill.

Very similar to Manx people in the UK, probably more of them?