Department of Nitwits

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The whole problem with the reduce numbers/have fewer argument is that it wholly forgets that for a parliamentary democracy to work there are certain numbers required to fill official positions, presid

To be fair she's not being appointed for her experience, she's being appointed for her vote.  That's why she's been put in two malfunctioning Departments - so that whatever ridiculous or dangerous or

I worked in the public sector in the UK in the 90s and there was a cost cutting drive in that period. As a manager I was asked to look at cost savings in my area and, like everyone else, I presented t

Posted Images

Hmmm. So we've got a brand spanking new MHK, whose only previous claim to political fame/experience has been helping individuals in her patch make claims for MERA Benefits, being dropped into a Department that exhibits the least political control of all time and has destroyed and embarrassed virtually every one of its previous political incumbents.

And is largely headed by Black, Robinson and Longworth.

I bet they're orgasmic right now. A Civil Service dream appointment. If not organised/recommended by the CS itself.

ETA.  And Quine with some knowledge of Airport operations, as a pilot? They won't want him anywhere near the DOI.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 6

I honestly don't know what to make of the whole shambolic mess. Not one MHK appears to have the appetite or nous to reign in the three fuckateers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I honestly don't know what to make of the whole shambolic mess. Not one MHK appears to have the appetite or nous to reign in the three fuckateers

Totally agree , Something doesnt make sense about the incompetence . I have always said it should come from CM , a stop put on all DOI projects and the department sorted out once and for all. Not happening though is it .  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Hmmm. So we've got a brand spanking new MHK, whose only previous political claim to fame/experience has been helping individuals in her patch make claims for MERA Benefits, being dropped into a Department that exhibits the least political control of all time and has destroyed and embarrassed virtually every one of its previous political incumbents.

And is largely headed by Black, Robinson and Longworth.

I bet they're orgasmic right now. A Civil Service dream appointment. If not organised/recommended by the CS itself.

ETA.  And Quine with some knowledge of Airport operations, as a pilot? They won't want him anywhere near the DOI.

Quine did say that he would not accept any position for the short time left in this term, didn’t he ?

Edited by dilligaf
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Quine did say that he would not accept any position for the short time left in this term, didn’t he ?

It's a pity Christian didn't do the same. Learn the trade before trying to sort out a mess that is way beyond her. Or maybe she's like the rest, in it for the money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It's a pity Christian didn't do the same. Learn the trade before trying to sort out a mess that is way beyond her. Or maybe she's like the rest, in it for the money.

Teacher’s pet now eh?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

This behaviour is evident in more than this area. Once again, I point out my disappointment in the inability of Allinson. to show any common sense.

For example in the case of Ramsey Marina, which was supported by Allinson to the extent of wanting to change the school syllabus  (and is a project which the gov. described as "viable"), all he had to do was type "Bromley Martin ports" into a search engine, which gives "Port Evolution and Development" which gives an address of 121 Whitehall Court, London SW1A 2EP, and Google maps shows that address does not exist. And from there things just go downhill. Why the hell can someone like an MHK not be arsed to carry out a simple check like this before backing a project?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This behaviour is evident in more than this area. Once again, I point out my disappointment in the inability of Allinson. to show any common sense.

For example in the case of Ramsey Marina, which was supported by Allinson to the extent of wanting to change the school syllabus  (and is a project which the gov. described as "viable"), all he had to do was type "Bromley Martin ports" into a search engine, which gives "Port Evolution and Development" which gives an address of 121 Whitehall Court, London SW1A 2EP, and Google maps shows that address does not exist. And from there things just go downhill. Why the hell can someone like an MHK not be arsed to carry out a simple check like this before backing a project?

So many chancers promise the earth and our elected bell ends jump on board without a moment's hesitation

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

He stated he'd not take on a government dept role in this short term I believe

ETA - sorry replied before I saw Dilli had said this

Edited by Rhumsaa
3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

She stated that she felt not having any political experience was a benefit so probably applying the same logic to this appointment

42 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

She stated that she felt not having any political experience was a benefit so probably applying the same logic to this appointment

To be fair she's not being appointed for her experience, she's being appointed for her vote.  That's why she's been put in two malfunctioning Departments - so that whatever ridiculous or dangerous or corrupt nonsense the DoI or DESC come up with, she will be obliged to support them in Tynwald and the Keys.  She's being paid to become a nodding dog.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3