Jump to content

IOM COURTS SENTENCING


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Bloody good job it wasn’t me that said that. You would accusing me siding with the fella. ;-)

Get your own back dilli, give him a character reference... That'll teach him :thumbsup:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twenty years ago when the schools became devolved and management of the school budgets lay with the head teachers is when things began to change. The money was and is in exam enrolment.  When the

That was a big McSteak.

Sigh. Why is it that we have to wait for a major incident (jail, controversy on the world wide stage) before someone realises that perhaps expecting workers to come from the U.K. to a different j

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Bloody good job it wasn’t me that said that. You would accusing me siding with the fella. ;-)

I’m not sure what your point is. Spot the odd one out...

You called someone who had just been found to have sexually discriminated and harassed a woman a likeable rogue. 
 

I said child abuse penalties are too low. 
 

Gladys said that sex with an underage girl causes anguish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Declan said:

I’m not sure what your point is. Spot the odd one out...

You called someone who had just been found to have sexually discriminated and harassed a woman a likeable rogue. 
 

I said child abuse penalties are too low. 
 

Gladys said that sex with an underage girl causes anguish. 

Not again... give it a rest for heaven's sake

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banker said:

When has the act of vandalism been considered a jailing offence particularly for 12 weeks when someone convicted of sex with underage girls gets suspended sentence?

I presume the reference is to another article today: Man admits having sex with underage girls.  At the time the girls were both 15 and the guy was 16 and 18 or 19 respectively and he seems to have been in a relationship with both.  Normally this sort of behaviour with a small(ish) age gap would only attract a non-custodial sentence if that.  In the past it might only be a caution unless there was pressure from the girl's family.  

He seems to have treated both girls badly, but he wasn't charged with anything else and they can only sentence for what he was convicted of.  He got "eight months in custody, suspended for two years" with " "grounds to suspend [cited] as Buxton’s lack of previous convictions, his age, his guilty pleas, and the issue of him being supervised".

The supervision thing (because it can't be ordered to take place after a prison term) has to be sorted out.  It's also odd that the first girl complained back in 2017, but nothing seems to have been done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Declan said:

Dilligaf raised it, and you mentioned it before me, Neil.

Not at all old boy, my suggestion was humorous, yours was vindictive as usual. There's a difference.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neil Down said:

Not at all old boy, my suggestion was humorous, yours was vindictive as usual. There's a difference.

But Dilligaf raised it to make a point against me.

What worries me, is each time the issue comes up (John raised it last time, Dilligaf this - not me) he plays the victim, as if calling a sexual harasser a likeable rogue is innocent. When he originally talked about the likeable rogue it was to downplay the discrimination and harassment, and each time he justifies the comment he does it again. He needs to stop raising this issue and stop trying to justify himself each time someone else does.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Declan said:

But Dilligaf raised it to make a point against me.

What worries me, is each time the issue comes up (John raised it last time, Dilligaf this - not me) he plays the victim, as if calling a sexual harasser a likeable rogue is innocent. When he originally talked about the likeable rogue it was to downplay the discrimination and harassment, and each time he justifies the comment he does it again. He needs to stop raising this issue and stop trying to justify himself each time someone else does.

Maybe I just read his comment as it was meant, a little dig at you. There was no need for you to trawl it back up again and start the circular argument all over again. Your advice to me a long while ago was not to rise to the bait. Maybe now is a good time to follow your own advice...:flowers:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Maybe I just read his comment as it was meant, a little dig at you. There was no need for you to trawl it back up again and start the circular argument all over again. Your advice to me a long while ago was not to rise to the bait. Maybe now is a good time to follow your own advice...:flowers:

It was meant to be humorous, but some don’t have a sense of humour. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The real belter was this. So she drove up to Heysham got on the boat. Found out she was out of petrol on the way home and stopped to top up so she didn’t run out of fuel. Result 6 weeks in jail:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57994

As she said - i was running out if petrol what the fuck else could I do? In hindsight she should have probably ran out of fuel and then infected the AA man when he turned up. Or the police who came to her assistance. As for EVF I won’t be filling up there again with their snitchy staff. I notice they only snitched on her after she’d paid for her petrol though so at least they made a few quid out of it. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

There’s fuel available 24 hours in Lancaster. Funny how she could make it to the boat, but not to Ramsey. 
 

Good on the EVF staff. I don’t want another lockdown. 

So it's fine to infect station staff in Lancaster but not in Laxey?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The real belter was this. So she drove up to Heysham got on the boat. Found out she was out of petrol on the way home and stopped to top up so she didn’t run out of fuel. Result 6 weeks in jail:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57994

As she said - i was running out if petrol what the fuck else could I do? In hindsight she should have probably ran out of fuel and then infected the AA man when he turned up. Or the police who came to her assistance. As for EVF I won’t be filling up there again with their snitchy staff. I notice they only snitched on her after she’d paid for her petrol though so at least they made a few quid out of it. 

Don’t be so obtuse. How can you not know you are running low on fuel, unless she was in a Moggy with a dodgy gauge. 
She showed her ignorance and thought she was immune and unlikely to expose others . Prison was the correct course of action. Just not long enough  a sentence in my opinion

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

There aren’t any staff. You pay by card at the pumps. 

This is what confused me.  If she only stopped for petrol and paid by credit card then the EVF people would never have interacted with her, never mind known all the details of her travel history.  Technically she would have been breaking the rules (though Guernsey for example explicitly say buying petrol this way doesn't) but I would imagine the police would have not that fussed. There's clearly something else that happened here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...