IOM COURTS SENTENCING

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I think the issue is 4 weeks in jail is OTT , we are the only civilized nation treating its citizens like this. No one else is , the CI issue fines.

Howie and his mates at the courts are out of control!

Some might say the policy gets results.

And if you can't do the time etc.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3
  • Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twenty years ago when the schools became devolved and management of the school budgets lay with the head teachers is when things began to change. The money was and is in exam enrolment.  When the

That was a big McSteak.

Sigh. Why is it that we have to wait for a major incident (jail, controversy on the world wide stage) before someone realises that perhaps expecting workers to come from the U.K. to a different j

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I think the issue is 4 weeks in jail is OTT , we are the only civilized nation treating its citizens like this. No one else is , the CI issue fines.

Howie and his mates at the courts are out of control!

But we have no serious cases and nobody in ITU. Is that just by chance ? 
NO

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

More good press........................

This really does not deserve a prison sentence, this is just getting very North Korea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-54784559

"found him sitting in close contact with his family and his girlfriend."

So they’re now checking inside your own house where you sit? That’s totally fucked up. We are truly North Korea. Could have been dealt with with a warning / fine / penalty but fucking prison for sitting on your own sofa? That is literally insane. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

Its that kind of attitude here that has made me decide to leave the island a lot sooner than I was going to. It was always my intention due to the hospital not being up to treating my condition as I age. This has brought that move forward quite a few years I am sad to say.

I am sure I am not the only one either, I never planned living in a police state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Some might say the policy gets results.

And if you can't do the time etc.

The policy doesn’t get results unless you think locking up people for mount breaches, costing the tax payer thousands for jail and massive negative PR is a result?

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

The policy doesn’t get results unless you think locking up people for mount breaches, costing the tax payer thousands for jail and massive negative PR is a result?

It’s literally crazy. If a neighbour (ie, ‘concerned’ nosy bastard) of mine put one of my kids in prison for reporting that they’d need to have the fire brigade on speed dial for the next five years. Miserable pathetic vindictive arsehole. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Their population don’t see it so clearly and envy us.

WTF are you on about? Why would Guernsey envy a country which jails it’s population for minor offenses!

They have a proper exit strategy, testing on arrival & let families visit. I think many here envy them!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s literally crazy. If a neighbour (ie, ‘concerned’ nosy bastard) of mine put one of my kids in prison for reporting that they’d need to have the fire brigade on speed dial for the next five years. Miserable pathetic vindictive arsehole. 

If a neighbour's kid, due to a two-fingers-up-yours attitude to the virus, put one of my elderly relatives or indeed myself in hospital or worse, that neighbour might need the fire brigade ....etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Showing yourself up there, regardless of what I think about you. 
If one of my kids broke the rules I would be totally ashamed.  I wouldn’t blame someone for reporting their transgressions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, Barlow said:

If a neighbour's kid, due to a two-fingers-up-yours attitude to the virus, put one of my elderly relatives or indeed myself in hospital or worse, that neighbour might need the fire brigade ....etc

Your confusing the breach with the punishment meted out. Warning / fine / penalty is proportionate to encourage compliance. Putting someone in prison because of some nosy twat reporting you for sitting on your own sofa is doing fuck all extra to protect anyone from covid. If you believe it is you need to get your head sorted. 

Some kid that thinks he's Superman is still going to think he's Superman after he has been fined (forget warnings, they're right out the window). Yes, he's still going to think he's Superman when he is sitting in jail but at least the rest of society knows exactly where he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1