1500 People on Dentist Waiting List!

So according to 3fm there are more than 1500 peeps on the IOM on the dental waiting list! Don’t forget these people pay their taxes and deserve equality.

Is it time the Government realised that the Isle of Man is at total saturation/breaking point with residents, it’s a similar story with people awaiting Hospital consultations etc, etc?

We hear so much bullshit that the Government is working hard to address these issues but in reality we’re going backwards, our total infrastructure is at total breaking point, Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists, Mental Health, Police, Schools to name but a few.

Who is ever going to make a bold statement and say we cannot increase residency any further and concentrate in enhancing our current services that we have at present?

LT

Source - 3FM News

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sure people aren’t angry about it but it’s a fact. We are all already supposedly paying for a service via a heavy deduction from our wages. Why should anyone then be expected to pay an additional

My last few visits to the dentist over here, have convinced me that for those able to pay, there is no real comprehensive NHS dental care anymore. What we do have is subsidised private dentistry.

They only want new residents to pinch their pensions to pay for their own!

Is this primary treatment dentists or the consultants as well? There is a long waiting list for the latter - I'm on it.

About dentists: I think this might be a generational thing. Many working age people here and in the UK will have been paying for dental care for most of their adult life and will assume that's normal. I've been paying since the 90s.

42 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

Who is ever going to make a bold statement and say we cannot increase residency any further and concentrate in enhancing our current services that we have at present?

Roughly speaking, the fewer the people, the smaller the economy and the more expensive are services per head.

+ there is a big shortage of skilled self-starters in important key industries.

Edited by pongo
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, pongo said:

For perspective - my dental plan costs me less than the price of a pint every week.

Yes but many people paying NI for NHS support would rather not pay extra on top of the 20% that’s mandatorily taken from their wages to apparently fund NHS services like dentistry. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes but many people paying NI for NHS support would rather not pay extra on top of the 20% that’s mandatorily taken from their wages to apparently fund NHS services like dentistry. 

I can't get angry about any of that stuff. And I understand that resources are always going to be limited. Best case scenario - those who can afford to pay will. Leaving more availability on the state for those who can't. Assuming we want the most people possible to have access.

• Thanks 1

Same as other aspects of healthcare, we have much higher expectations today and that costs more. A lot of my parents' generation ended up with false teeth.

Edited by pongo
5 minutes ago, pongo said:

I can't get angry about any of that stuff. And I understand that resources are always going to be limited. Best case scenario - those who can afford to pay will. Leaving more availability on the state for those who can't. Assuming we want the most people possible to have access.

I’m sure people aren’t angry about it but it’s a fact. We are all already supposedly paying for a service via a heavy deduction from our wages. Why should anyone then be expected to pay an additional amount to replace that service that they are already paying for just because the government that is being paid to manage that service can’t seemingly do its job? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1