New Forum Software

Barlow

Last year I looked into the issue of the site not being available in some 4g and came to the conclusion that it's a DNS thing. I can't remember the details but I probably used traceroute with the phone running as hotspot. Perhaps that will help someone else sort it out.

The new way of delivering ads is sub optimal. Especially as often their content is blocked.

I no longer have an MT sim.

Edited by pongo

On 12/5/2020 at 10:48 AM, John Wright said:

Yes. Subscribe. The ads or subscriptions are how this place is funded.

I have subscribed for several years even though I spend a good proportion of time on the naughty step. I have again subscribed for the next two years yet still get the effing  ads that cheapshake posters get who pay nothing to use the site.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have subscribed for several years even though I spend a good proportion of time on the naughty step. I have again subscribed for the next two years yet still get the effing  ads that cheapshake posters get who pay nothing to use the site.

Please report, using the report function. You can report using your own post. Just say you’ve renewed your subscription but still get the adverts.

I’ll flag it as well with the admin/technical team.

The latest invision community update has caused lots of issues, which are being worked through. Not as quickly as we would like. 

Thank you for subscribing.

PS. There was no need to “out” yourself. You’ve only been a member since May, and only had two suspensions.

• Haha 2

I have no issue about paying a mere £20 per year to use the site. I think we should all pay. It is a great site and very informative. Yes it goes tits up sometimes when people like me and many others say what they think instead of being PC . But what the hell. 

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have no issue about paying a mere £20 per year to use the site. I think we should all pay. It is a great site and very informative. Yes it goes tits up sometimes when people like me and many others say what they think instead of being PC . But what the hell. 

I suspect you haven’t subscribed successfully. You aren’t shown as a subscriber. You’re a regular.

In your current identity you’ve not been suspended for saying what you think. Just for tit for tat thread shitting post after post. You must be imagining you’re someone else.

• Haha 3

On 12/5/2020 at 5:17 PM, pongo said:

Last year I looked into the issue of the site not being available in some 4g and came to the conclusion that it's a DNS thing. I can't remember the details but I probably used traceroute with the phone running as hotspot. Perhaps that will help someone else sort it out.

The new way of delivering ads is sub optimal. Especially as often their content is blocked.

I no longer have an MT sim.

It’s all coming back to me now...

Before I got WiFi and only had data on my phone I had a use VPN software to access MF. 

So you could be right.