New Islamic Centre

8 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Really - the second post on a thread and you're already turning it into a petty squabble. Grow up please.

Asking people not to use racist terms is not petty to most normal minded people. Perhaps you could direct your ire to those using such terms 

• Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not religious, despite being brought up CofE, and I think it's great that a new Islamic centre is being considered. Most muslims I've worked with over the years have been kind, considerate and jus

Nobody has you fucking half wit  

Must admit I was a bit ashamed of the comments section on Facebook about this subject. Live and let live I say, I'd rather a well maintained Mosque than an empty building.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

So you’re happy with racist names , what are you KKK ?

Oh dear, how do you extrapolate that I am happy with racist names? And then to further that to questioning if I am KKK. Oh dear again.

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

Asking people not to use racist terms is not petty to most normal minded people. Perhaps you could direct your ire to those using such terms 

Do you still beat your wife?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s an accepted definition. It’s to counter most of those racist idiots who hide behind the “Islam is not a race” argument whilst at the same time exhibiting generally racist attitudes towards Muslims. 

I'm honestly curious why you and Banker consider you have the right to label folk who dis-agree with you as idiots, racists, ignorant etc.

I'm equally curious why anyone for that matter should consider s person who dis-agrees with their viewpoint as inferior.

Just for the record I am not arguing! I am asking a serious question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the problem with Islam is that many take it seriously. A bit like Christians used to, resulting in rolling witches down hills or demoting women to second class citizens etc. Some Christians still take the bible as literal and would like to demonise homosexuality or sex outside marriage. Most Muslims are decent people and go to do their thing without upsetting society.  Of course they don't get to enjoy a bacon bap, which is a pity.

• Like 3

I'm not religious, despite being brought up CofE, and I think it's great that a new Islamic centre is being considered. Most muslims I've worked with over the years have been kind, considerate and just the most lovely people. Muslims very unfairly get stereotyped because of a tiny, tiny radicalised minority. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, piebaps said:

Really - the second post on a thread and you're already turning it into a petty squabble. Grow up please.

Changed my user name too for effect. He would not people to change a letter in his.:whatever:

• Like 1