Chief Constables Report 19/20. Latest distribution of Tripe

53 minutes ago, ian rush said:

Wonder if the blue on blue cop car crash that shut dukes avenue earlier this week (probably closed out of embarrassment) will count as one crash or two in the 20-21 report.

Are you sure? It involved an Audi TT unless I’m mistaken 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a breakdown of how many of the additional crimes were committed by serving police officers?

And Juan Watterson SHK is against that. Wasn’t he Home Affairs before he got his wig? Tells you all you need to know about ehh we’ve not had regular inspections..

Well, why don’t you post my catalogue of catastrophe on here? Feel free, with my blessing. The public deserve to know. off you go then....

12 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

that'll be hushed up then:thumbsup:

I don't know of the incident you are referring to but why would it be hushed up? there's another thread on here of some of the things police officers have been in court for which are a lot worse than a bit of a bump, so why would it be hushed up?.

14 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't know of the incident you are referring to but why would it be hushed up? there's another thread on here of some of the things police officers have been in court for which are a lot worse than a bit of a bump, so why would it be hushed up?.

Not that I believe this particular incident is worthy of brushing under the carpet, but theoretically, I guess it would depend on who was driving the vehicles involved and their rank/closeness to high ranks... All officers that have been before the court have been PCs, so far, I believe?

5 hours ago, manxst said:

Not that I believe this particular incident is worthy of brushing under the carpet, but theoretically, I guess it would depend on who was driving the vehicles involved and their rank/closeness to high ranks... All officers that have been before the court have been PCs, so far, I believe?

At least one sergeant.

Apologies for this as I remember it being mentioned in another thread but can't find it (yes, useless!). 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/returning-prisoners-to-iom-gives-us-control-says-governor/

Is this really about saving money, like bringing those in long stay mental health units across? 

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Apologies for this as I remember it being mentioned in another thread but can't find it (yes, useless!). 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/returning-prisoners-to-iom-gives-us-control-says-governor/

Is this really about saving money, like bringing those in long stay mental health units across? 

No.

1. They’re entitled to return here for visits.

2. Anyone sentenced to life gets a tariff imposed at sentencing of a minimum number of years to be served before they can apply for parole.

3. The only jurisdiction that can deal with parole for a lifer sentenced here is, surprise, Isle of Man.

4. That’s for the families of victims so they can make representations. Natural justice.

5. The prisoner is entitled to attend his or her parole hearing and make representations. Natural justice.

Its common sense that they have to come back as they approach parole. Also to allow family visits, especially currently.

If they don’t get parole they’ll be returned across.  Until they’re entitled to apply again.

If they do get a parole board to release on licence then there’ll be a slow process of day releases, weekend releases, under supervision,  and clearly that’s going to be here, and the new tags are part of the checks and balances.

• Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, manxst said:

Really? Must’ve missed that one. Which one was it? 

Very recent. Pleaded guilty on 8 September 2020. Commented upon on MF. In the ex cop, £60,000 & Rolex case thread.

An inspector was charged with serious offences in 2003/4 but there was insufficient evidence for the case to proceed at committal.

Around then, before the Sergeant’s aid abet benefit fraud case I’m referring to, Flinty said he knew of two command team as well. So above constable rank.

• Like 1