Chief Constables Report 19/20. Latest distribution of Tripe

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I think the cops will come out pretty well in some areas, but the insularity is likely to show in others. An inspection is the very best road map to improvement and it is ridiculous that the DHA hasn’t been proactive with keeping on top of this at least every five years.

An inspection is necessary and well over due.

If the Chief Constable is truly independent of the executive then he would and should be demanding an inspection by the inspectorate to ensure the efficiency of the force.

The silence is deafening.

• Like 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a breakdown of how many of the additional crimes were committed by serving police officers?

And Juan Watterson SHK is against that. Wasn’t he Home Affairs before he got his wig? Tells you all you need to know about ehh we’ve not had regular inspections..

Well, why don’t you post my catalogue of catastrophe on here? Feel free, with my blessing. The public deserve to know. off you go then....

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

What makes you think anything in those judgments has changed in the propositions I set out above relevant to parole hearings when approaching the fixed minimum tariff of a life sentence

Not sure when Newbery was sentenced but I would estimate 2007 or 2008. If I recall his tarrif was over 20 years. Given that the parole process commences at 3 years before the tarrif expires, his should start in 2025 at the earliest. This would mean your assessment of why he has returned to the Island is incorrect. My guess is that he is here for visits that cannot take place in the UK in the current Covid environment.

46 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I’d say rather different. They wouldn’t have dared have an inspection whilst one DF was in the hierarchy.

They needed to wait a reasonable time after he’d left and most of the damage was undone.

What better way of celebrating his departure off Island.

Well it is one way of getting away from crab-like pricks such as yourself Kipper.

if you happen to grow a pair before I go, more than happy to buy the brews. I’d be fascinated to find out how I single-handedly held the force back to the extent you seem to think. 

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, joebean said:

Not sure when Newbery was sentenced but I would estimate 2007 or 2008. If I recall his tarrif was over 20 years. Given that the parole process commences at 3 years before the tarrif expires, his should start in 2025 at the earliest. This would mean your assessment of why he has returned to the Island is incorrect. My guess is that he is here for visits that cannot take place in the UK in the current Covid environment.

Sentenced in 2003 and on remand from 9 February 2002. There was no minimum tariffs sentencing requirement in Manx law in 2003, at least I don’t think so.

I think one was imposed later. After he was transferred. But I can’t find what it was.

If it was 20 years it dates from 9 February 2002 and he would thus be within 2 years 4 months for parole purposes.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Sentenced in 2003 and on remand from 9 February 2002. There was no minimum tariffs sentencing requirement in Manx law in 2003, at least I don’t think so.

I think one was imposed later. After he was transferred. But I can’t find what it was.

If it was 20 years it dates from 9 February 2002 and he would thus be within 2 years 4 months for parole purposes.

That long ago? I stand corrected. You may be right. 

26 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

No need. Only requirement would be to ask any copper you worked with. They’d confirm. Touchy? Much? Hit a raw nerve, did I? 

Well, why don’t you post my catalogue of catastrophe on here? Feel free, with my blessing. The public deserve to know.

off you go then....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reacting to the CCs report, the DHA minister says that he is going to ''tackle'' organised crime ( drugs )! With what/whom?

This seems to be the job of the Police and presumably they are tackling it.

Who is DHA going to bring in? The Army, Storm Troopers???

Maybe the Police need more money?

49 minutes ago, joebean said:

It’s amazing how we lose track of time and cases like this, which is a real endorsement of how safe the place is.

Newbury committed his crimes around 2002, and I don’t think it was that much after he was trialled? Certainly before 2004.

edited to add... I was spot on for once!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/feb/20/childrensservices.crime

Edited by Derek Flint
54 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Newbury committed his crimes around 2002, and I don’t think it was that much after he was trialled? Certainly before 2004.

edited to add... I was spot on for once!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/feb/20/childrensservices.crime

I well remember it, they had the whole Strang Road cordoned off from Ballafletcher Rd roundabout to well up towards the Strang village estate, I had to divert my route home at the time.