IOM Bank world biggest Covid-Clowns

So having made old ladies queue outside for weeks on end even though we were well out of lockdown, and shut down its branches, now the IOM Bank hilariously cancels the Xmas Santa dash over two months early because of “covid”. Is there nothing that these brain dead clowns won’t blame on COVID-19? 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=58276

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even Santa will get three weeks in prison if he comes to the Isle of Man. That's what I've told my kids anyway.

So having made old ladies queue outside for weeks on end even though we were well out of lockdown, and shut down its branches, now the IOM Bank hilariously cancels the Xmas Santa dash over two months

Promenade section:

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

So having made old ladies queue outside for weeks on end even though we were well out of lockdown, and shut down its branches, now the IOM Bank hilariously cancels the Xmas Santa dash over two months early because of “covid”. Is there nothing that these brain dead clowns won’t blame on COVID-19? 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=58276

They are definitely in for the Scrooge part this year!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Banker said:

They are definitely in for the Scrooge part this year!

It’s just more of the general lunacy about. Let’s just do absolutely nothing because of covid. The “new normal” is going to be very boring indeed. Everybody sat in their house doing absolutely fuck all because the world gave up functioning as it was “too difficult”to consider anything else. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

Even Santa will get three weeks in prison if he comes to the Isle of Man.

That's what I've told my kids anyway.

He can’t even get tested now!

3 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Even Santa will get three weeks in prison if he comes to the Isle of Man.

It’s either that or I hope the cops are fully staffed at Christmas to deal with 80,000 reports of a fat man in a red coat breaking self isolation rules from all the nosy curtain twitching grinch’s! 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

They’ve still got lots of staff working from home because if the Covid risks!!

That's a little bit over dramatic and incorrect really.

They have most of their staff at home because the UK is dictating the offshore islands policy.  Nothing to do with Covid risks on the IOM.

Standard operating procedure for pretty much all banks nowadays. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54463211

Anyone tried to open a bank account recently?  It literally takes months even for a personal account and good luck with opening a business account! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That's a little bit over dramatic and incorrect really.

They have most of their staff at home because the UK is dictating the offshore islands policy.  Nothing to do with Covid risks on the IOM.

Same for a few international or UK controlled businesses.  Kind of understandably they are not making individual country decisions and will just open everything worldwide back up at the same time (or not). 

Mrs Phantom works for an American owned company.  She's going to be WFH until at least the first quarter of 2021. 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Banker said:

But the working from home does impact the town centre sandwich shops, cafes etc as not so many workers in town 

I still can't understand just why they are still working from home

Ludicrous situation with a bank carrying the name of the Isle of Man yet is managed from Jersey. There is absolutely no local reason for any sporting or charitable event to be cancelled.

The bank is an embarrassment.

• Like 1