IOM Bank world biggest Covid-Clowns

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even Santa will get three weeks in prison if he comes to the Isle of Man. That's what I've told my kids anyway.

So having made old ladies queue outside for weeks on end even though we were well out of lockdown, and shut down its branches, now the IOM Bank hilariously cancels the Xmas Santa dash over two months

Promenade section:

3 hours ago, Banker said:

But the working from home does impact the town centre sandwich shops

Is there even a decent sandwich shop in Douglas? Noa used to do great sandwiches but I think they stopped. The only one place I could find last week had zero choice - Ramsey bread and mild cheddar.

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Is there even a decent sandwich shop in Douglas? Noa used to do great sandwiches but I think they stopped. The only one place I could find last week had zero choice - Ramsey bread and mild cheddar.

Do you actually live in the real world? So now you can’t find an acceptable sandwich in a town as large as Douglas so that’s proof that putting sandwich shops out of business via WFH isn’t an issue? You’re really scraping the barrel. There are loads of sandwich shops and Noa never did sandwiches. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Confused 2
Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

Do you actually live in the real world? So now you can’t find an acceptable sandwich in a town as large as Douglas so that’s proof that putting sandwich shops out of business via WFH isn’t an issue? You’re really scraping the barrel. 

What are you on about? It's not proof of anything. What barrel?

It was a simple question. Is there a good sandwich shop anywhere in Douglas these days? Was there before Covid?

Have you started early tonight?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, pongo said:

What are you on about? It's not proof of anything. What barrel?

It was a simple question. Is there a good sandwich shop anywhere in Douglas these days? Was there before Covid?

Have you started early tonight?

Don’t start the start early nonsense on me. It’s doesn’t wash. You posted a load of nonsense. 

44 minutes ago, pongo said:

The Coffee Corner is a cracking little spot.

The Alpine does very decent sandwiches and food in general.

I haven't been in the one by the old Laughing Buddha place for a while but they did decent sandwiches.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cancelled for reasons outside their control? 

Its nice to see this hackneyed excuse wheeled out - in the olden days, it was the excuse of choice, then it was insurance, then it was H&S, then GDPR now it is just a plain old act of God.