IOM Bank world biggest Covid-Clowns

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even Santa will get three weeks in prison if he comes to the Isle of Man. That's what I've told my kids anyway.

So having made old ladies queue outside for weeks on end even though we were well out of lockdown, and shut down its branches, now the IOM Bank hilariously cancels the Xmas Santa dash over two months

Promenade section:

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

It's just a thing that I've noticed as i've got older but they seem to be cancelling christmas earlier and earlier each year. They'll be cancelling easter before the end of November next.

The death of Jesus is flexible every year sometimes March oft April occasionally May -  move it to Halloween so we can rejoice in undead Zombies in exchange for sweets / chocolate eggs all together with no religious bias....

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Cancelled for reasons outside their control? 

Its nice to see this hackneyed excuse wheeled out - in the olden days, it was the excuse of choice, then it was insurance, then it was H&S, then GDPR now it is just a plain old act of God. 

The word is prudent. 
Best to cancel now than have to do it with days to spare in December. 
They are paying their sponsorship money into charities anyway, so who loses out, apart from the posing runners .?

• Confused 1

Ridiculous, the panto and everything else is going ahead and if they had to cancel at the last minutes it would not matter no great preparation they just turn up with buckets and runners dressed like Santa run.  Scrooge is alive and kicking,  they may be giving the prize money away but the charities are not getting the runners sponsorship money or the money collected in the buckets.   

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Ridiculous, the panto and everything else is going ahead and if they had to cancel at the last minutes it would not matter no great preparation they just turn up with buckets and runners dressed like Santa run.  Scrooge is alive and kicking,  they may be giving the prize money away but the charities are not getting the runners sponsorship money or the money collected in the buckets.   

There is nothing stopping someone organising it.  IoM Bank simply are not sponsoring it.

Good idea DDB perhaps one of the charities could organise it the runners get their own sponsors, I have sponsored someone for years and know she raises a lot of money from all the people who sponsore her every year and there are a lot of runners so there is a great deal of money involved.   The Bank just provide the prize money.  It is an opportunity for someone to be sure.

• Confused 1
8 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Good idea DDB perhaps one of the charities could organise it the runners get their own sponsors, I have sponsored someone for years and know she raises a lot of money from all the people who sponsore her every year and there are a lot of runners so there is a great deal of money involved.   The Bank just provide the prize money.  It is an opportunity for someone to be sure.

The bank don't sponsor it they organise it and have for 19 years. It's a hell of a lot of work from what I understand. You try and get a risk assessment passed for 250 people to run the prom at the moment. Along with road closure orders. 

8 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

The bank don't sponsor it they organise it and have for 19 years. It's a hell of a lot of work from what I understand. You try and get a risk assessment passed for 250 people to run the prom at the moment. Along with road closure orders. 

But that has nothing to do with Covid-19 the claimed reason why is being cancelled. 

• Like 1

There's nothing difficult to understand here.  The group parent in the UK won't be having one of their underlying companies being seen to organise or sponsor a mass gathered event in the current UK climate.  It's exactly the same reason 90% of their staff remain working from home.  The UK policy is being applied here.  Move on folks

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's nothing difficult to understand here.  The group parent in the UK won't be having one of their underlying companies being seen to organise or sponsor a mass gathered event in the current UK climate.  It's exactly the same reason 90% of their staff remain working from home.  The UK policy is being applied here.  Move on folks

They need Howie in charge with Manx solutions bull shit

21 hours ago, pongo said:

Is there even a decent sandwich shop in Douglas? Noa used to do great sandwiches but I think they stopped. The only one place I could find last week had zero choice - Ramsey bread and mild cheddar.

Although the old Noa was great, their sandwiches weren't nice - horrid bread. Everything else about it was ace but the bread.

Good sandwich shop is Taste Buds in Peel Road. At least it was before I started working from home.

• Like 1
On 10/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, thesultanofsheight said:

So having made old ladies queue outside for weeks on end even though we were well out of lockdown, and shut down its branches, now the IOM Bank hilariously cancels the Xmas Santa dash over two months early because of “covid”. Is there nothing that these brain dead clowns won’t blame on COVID-19? 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=58276

Screw the IOM Bank. They don't have monopoly rights to the the Santa Dash. They don't own Christmas. Just like whoever that company is that does the walk to the Tower of Refuge. Nobody gave that company ownership of the Tower or the walk to it. What is to stop others stepping in and organising it without them? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Which is why the IOM Bank / RBS is going to go tits up and end up having to lay off hundreds of staff at the beginning  of 2021. Many other banks have been able to adapt and do things differently to their UK parent companies, so why is the IOM Bank so inept? Even before Covid, they ran things in a way which made them uncompetitive. It's either extreme incompetence or it has been deliberate from the start.