More key worker bullshit

2 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

Just how much training do you think is involved? Probably a half day course at most for an experienced welder who already has underlying knowledge and experience. I've done first aid training  and not once had to use it. Does that mean I wasted my time? If you are a smart person or at all take pride in your work, you would look to expand your knowledge and skills just as a matter of completeness and knowing it. 

Dear oh dear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thermite welding is hardly a controlled explosion . It uses a thermite composition to produce a high temperature controlled heating of the rail ends to weld them together, although why on Earth we nee

But surely the "clickity click" is part of the heritage experience...?!

Yes, well, of course, I knew all that. 

You can keep calling me that all you want but I've no connection to them. 

Point still stands. This is not rocket science. There are welders on the island who can do this and just because a few dense welders wasting their time on Facebook being Manx crabs say they can't do it, doesn't mean other welders on the island are not able to do it. 

16 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

Just because they can't do it, doesn't mean they should get in the way of those who can do it. More to the point, why can't they do it? Have they considered looking into getting appropriate training which would enable them to do it in future? Or are they all just moaning Manx crabs.

You're the only one moaning about it, why don't you train to do it? Why do you expect local guys to go and pay to do a week to 10 day course for it and then source the moulds for the rails if they don't want to do it? 

2 minutes ago, Feelslike said:

You're the only one moaning about it, why don't you train to do it? Why do you expect local guys to go and pay to do a week to 10 day course for it and then source the moulds for the rails if they don't want to do it? 

Why would I train to do it when there are already people amply qualified to do it who live on this island? 

Just now, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

Why would I train to do it when there are already people amply qualified to do it who live on this island? 

Because there aren't any who are currently trained and/or hold up-to-date tickets for this work. I have no doubt it isn't beyond the capabilities of lots of guys but so far, they have chosen not to get the relevant qualifications. And if there are guys who can do it, they're hiding in a hole somewhere keeping very quiet about it. 

A FOI request wouldn't be able to compel private contractors to tell you who they'd ask to quote the works at tender stage. It'd prove absolutely nothing anyway, as you can only get quotes from people who are trained and hold tickets to carry out the work you're asking them to price. 

On 10/10/2020 at 11:56 PM, Gladys said:

Ladies will be fainting. 

Don't worry ma'am -theres men with red flags to warn of any impending dangers. Marshalls we call 'em.