Boy David gets a Gong

19 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Well deserved and also the consultant who did such a great job at the hospital, the lifeboat volunteer etc.  Cannot see why Mary Berry got one.

Maybe it is because she gives undisclosed funds to various charities etc without needing to advertise and also the enjoyment she brings to the millions of viewers who tune onto her TV without any Covid narrative etc. Yes I do wonder why she should be awarded a Damehood.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve no idea if he’s good at his job or not but at least he sounds as though he is. His performance through the whole covid lockdown experience was reassuring and gave an air of someone who knew what

Your family allegiance is touching Mrs. Ashford but it’s now time for your comfy slippers and a nap. 

That’s a bit unfair. I wouldn’t berate him for it. Where was our non-existent director of public health? She wasn’t even on the island at the start when people in care homes were actually dying. A goo

7 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Guernsey did at least have a communications strategy. Ours has been genuinely appalling. But they did get a fair number of awards for key people:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-54435622

I’ve got no issue with this MBE and as you say it seems to have been equally awarded to similar roles across islands. I’d imagine both HQ and Gavin St Pier will get sorted at a later date too. 

You obviously weren’t listening hard enough then cloth-ears because we were all kept fully informed at all times.  What did you want, hourly phone calls to you in Tin Foil Towers?

Edited by chancer
Sausage fingers.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Banker said:

Which one Howie or Kate?

I'm afraid neither brought the skills that were really needed to the table.

When HQ took it on the DHSC was really in dire straits in my view. HQ and KB struggled and failed to win people over with their hard line attitudes, as did so many others. The really sad thing is that some people that are still there have failed massively in my opinion but have played the political games and others have paid the price. And of course, nepotism is still an issue I hear. Still, DA is by far the best we have had for a long time, and it is beginning to show, despite the Covid crisis. 

The main problem is keeping him ion that role after the next GE, as no-one else has the nous, unless you think of Allinson.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Apple said:

I'm afraid neither brought the skills that were really needed to the table.

When HQ took it on the DHSC was really in dire straits in my view. HQ and KB struggled and failed to win people over with their hard line attitudes, as did so many others. The really sad thing is that some people that are still there have failed massively in my opinion but have played the political games and others have paid the price. And of course, nepotism is still an issue I hear. Still, DA is by far the best we have had for a long time, and it is beginning to show, despite the Covid crisis. 

The main problem is keeping him ion that role after the next GE, as no-one else has the nous, unless you think of Allinson.

It doesn’t come down to nous to be CM it comes down to what you promise your colleagues to get a large block vote. I do think Allison has more integrity than the others which probably means he won’t get job so between ashie & Alf with Chris Thomas outside bet

56 minutes ago, Banker said:

It doesn’t come down to nous to be CM it comes down to what you promise your colleagues to get a large block vote. I do think Allison has more integrity than the others which probably means he won’t get job so between ashie & Alf with Chris Thomas outside bet

They seem to be doing their best to destroy Chris Thomas so that he has next to no chance and it’s not a public vote. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, chancer said:

You obviously weren’t listening hard enough then cloth-ears because we were all kept fully informed at all times.  What did you want, hourly phone calls to you in Tin Foil Towers?

Oh great the Crap Hunter is back. The one that’s an even more tragic troll than Neil Down. It wouldn’t surprise me if you did work in communications for government actually given how thoroughly poor you seem to be at participating in social media 😂 Just to reiterate if it annoys you so much. The government communications strategy right through covid has been feeble, amateurish, and utterly woeful. The only sensible thing they did was engage Gef the Mongoose to provide some light relief to a really shitty overall performance which reclaimed some ground lost. It seems Guernsey did much better to the point that their communications people got recognized. Didn’t our head of communications leave the post a month or so ago instead of getting an MBE?

Edited by thesultanofsheight
1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If Weed and Brothels were legal - then David Ashford might have a chance of fulfilling all his ambitions..........

He’s already got the keys to the blood bank

What a childish, yet purposely vile and derogatory sideswipe at David Ashford.. You should retract that.

10 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve no idea if he’s good at his job or not but at least he sounds as though he is. His performance through the whole covid lockdown experience was reassuring and gave an air of someone who knew what he was talking about. 

He’s one of those chappies that inspire confidence and we needed, and still need that right now. 

I dread to think how it might have been had the previous Minister still been in place. 

there you go with the sarcasm again...

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Oh great the Crap Hunter is back. The one that’s an even more tragic troll than Neil Down. It wouldn’t surprise me if you did work in communications for government actually given how thoroughly poor you seem to be at participating in social media 😂 Just to reiterate if it annoys you so much. The government communications strategy right through covid has been feeble, amateurish, and utterly woeful. The only sensible thing they did was engage Gef the Mongoose to provide some light relief to a really shitty overall performance which reclaimed some ground lost. It seems Guernsey did much better to the point that their communications people got recognized. Didn’t our head of communications leave the post a month or so ago instead of getting an MBE?

quite bizarre how you accuse anybody that stands up to your nonsense a troll. :rolleyes: