Boy David gets a Gong

On 10/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, TheTeapot said:

I point you all in the direction of this tweet, and leave no comment

https://twitter.com/GefMongooseIOM/status/1314842388775526403?s=19

Gef the Mongoose give talentless, witless wankers a bad name, don’t they?

Sorry....that’s government funded, talentless, witless wankers.

• Like 3
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve no idea if he’s good at his job or not but at least he sounds as though he is. His performance through the whole covid lockdown experience was reassuring and gave an air of someone who knew what

Your family allegiance is touching Mrs. Ashford but it’s now time for your comfy slippers and a nap. 

That’s a bit unfair. I wouldn’t berate him for it. Where was our non-existent director of public health? She wasn’t even on the island at the start when people in care homes were actually dying. A goo

14 hours ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

I think the Isle of Man should introduce its own honours system. 

Correct. Whilst retaining the same general nomenclature, we should make them much more glitzy than the stuffy, imperialist UK equivalent - more like the Oscars in fact - The Yessirs.

OBE - Onchan’s Bell End - Rob Callister

MBE - More Bloody Expense - Everyone at the DoI

GCMG - Government Couldn’t Manage Grasscutting - COMIN

KCVO - Keeping Castletown Virtually Ostracized - Tony Brown

BEM - Bollocks Every Morning - Manx Radio

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Speaking to various people who work in health over weekend and not one thought Ashie deserves award but it’s because all other islands & health boards we’re getting them for basically doing their job that he got one.

They also confirmed that a lit of decisions are political and not as a result of discussion with medical advisors 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Banker said:

Speaking to various people who work in health over weekend and not one thought Ashie deserves award but it’s because all other islands & health boards we’re getting them for basically doing their job that he got one.

They also confirmed that a lit of decisions are political and not as a result of discussion with medical advisors 

You weren't really speaking to anyone in health.  That's just made up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Banker said:

That’s a bit unfair. I wouldn’t berate him for it. Where was our non-existent director of public health? She wasn’t even on the island at the start when people in care homes were actually dying. A good load of them seemed to act like headless chickens in the first few weeks. I’m not a big Ashford supporter but he put a calm face on for all the loonies screaming on social media. And he got his face on a t-shirt. In terms of communication and message Guernsey seemed to nail it hands down which is why I’m sure so many got awards. I’m not surprised our head of communications moved on either given the woeful communications straggly deployed. But you can’t really take it from Ashford. 

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

... he put a calm face on for all the loonies screaming on social media. And he got his face on a t-shirt....

I’m not surprised our head of communications moved on either given the woeful communications straggly deployed. But you can’t really take it from Ashford. 

Who was the head of communications that moved on?

Well done for getting on a T-Shirt, even though the Chief Minister was on a swimming costume. You ain't nuthin' unless you've had your puss plastered all over a ladies swimming cossy.

Ah right.

Didn't she star in the communications fiasco regarding the VAT on jets. When Howard was grabbed away from the press pit and pulled through a secret door.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Ah right.

Didn't she star in the communications fiasco regarding the VAT on jets. When Howard was grabbed away from the press pit and pulled through a secret door.

I think so. That was an embarrassment. The CM got a lot of flack for it but basically it looked to me that others made a right arse of the whole thing trying to look important. 

31 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Ah right.

Its not a secret door now................

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But the fact that if we are only talking about him just getting a grip on the Department after he has been there nearly three years suggests he hasn't really been asserting himself.  

Oh believe me he has. The problem was he had a huge mess to sort out. I don't really think he gives a too much credence  though about any sort of "Empire" medal. 

• Thanks 2