Boy David gets a Gong

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve no idea if he’s good at his job or not but at least he sounds as though he is. His performance through the whole covid lockdown experience was reassuring and gave an air of someone who knew what

Your family allegiance is touching Mrs. Ashford but it’s now time for your comfy slippers and a nap. 

That’s a bit unfair. I wouldn’t berate him for it. Where was our non-existent director of public health? She wasn’t even on the island at the start when people in care homes were actually dying. A goo

If there is no effective vaccine, the MBE might look a bit foolish in the event of Covid-19 sweeping through a previously isolated population when we are eventually forced out of hiding. 

• Like 1
On 10/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Boris Johnson said:

You give him too much credit, I would not call him a vampire either, he is still a Familliar ........with a long way to go.

LOL - If anyone saw 'What we do in the Shadows', he definitely has a vibe of Guillermo.  

I think he did a fair job and the award is warranted. 

On 10/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, Non-Believer said:

With the exception of Richard Corkill, am I right in thinking that every CM since Sir Miles has received an award? Gelling, Brown, Bell have all received OBEs/CBEs for their service?

If you ignore the alleged embezellment bit (I can't remember, was that actually proved - I think it was his wife really) RC was a pretty good CM.  I think with his Pharmacy background, he probably would have been REALLY good CM in the current situation. 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

LOL - If anyone saw 'What we do in the Shadows', he definitely has a vibe of Guillermo.  

If you ignore the alleged embezellment bit (I can't remember, was that actually proved - I think it was his wife really) RC was a pretty good CM.  I think with his Pharmacy background, he probably would have been REALLY good CM in the current situation. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/isle_of_man/6100114.stm

31 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Too late now though, Richard... 

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

37 minutes ago, quilp said:

Too late now though, Richard... 

27 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Mr Corkill had nothing whatsoever to do with it. He wasn't even a witness at the Isle of Man system of justice Court case.

Aha, twas the wife as I thought... shame she screwed it up for him. 

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Mr Corkill had nothing whatsoever to do with it. He wasn't even a witness at the Isle of Man system of justice Court case.

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Personally this whole Covid saga gave us an ideal opportunity to completely revamp the DHSC and clip the wings of the establishment that run it. Tweaking it with Manx Care is a sop. Should have been ripped apart and made fit for purpose but more importantly value for the obscene amounts of money it consumes. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Personally this whole Covid saga gave us an ideal opportunity to completely revamp the DHSC and clip the wings of the establishment that run it. Tweaking it with Manx Care is a sop. Should have been ripped apart and made fit for purpose but more importantly value for the obscene amounts of money it consumes. 

Don't you know they're already doing that with another department. They couldn't possibly do it with two at the same time 🙄

Well, they are arguing now which dept. is going to run the new border force. Bejaysus, more expense and empire building. I thought we couldn't even afford to run the Barrule properly and full time?

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Well, they are arguing now which dept. is going to run the new border force. Bejaysus, more expense and empire building. I thought we couldn't even afford to run the Barrule properly and full time?

Border force? Just how is Juan the school dropout from Foxdale going to stop a pathogenic virus from entering Manx territoral waters?

13 hours ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

They could sell the TV production rights to it. "Manx Border Force" has a certain ring to it.

Sister programme to The Best Little Prison in the World.

• Haha 3