Boy David gets a Gong

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve no idea if he’s good at his job or not but at least he sounds as though he is. His performance through the whole covid lockdown experience was reassuring and gave an air of someone who knew what

Your family allegiance is touching Mrs. Ashford but it’s now time for your comfy slippers and a nap. 

That’s a bit unfair. I wouldn’t berate him for it. Where was our non-existent director of public health? She wasn’t even on the island at the start when people in care homes were actually dying. A goo

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I see Howie’s mate Gav got turfed as GSY equivalent of Chief Minister ( Chair of Policty and Resources ). 

Good - let's hope it too is infectious.

• Sad 1

Next election it’ll be another compromise CM and another few years of the same with no real change - other than the public sector becoming even bigger ( Manx Care , Border Force and no doubt a few other CS job creation schemes no doubt ). All at a cost with no tangible or measurable benefit.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Next election it’ll be another compromise CM and another few years of the same with no real change - other than the public sector becoming even bigger ( Manx Care , Border Force and no doubt a few other CS job creation schemes no doubt ). All at a cost with no tangible or measurable benefit.

Are you standing for election?

How was HQ a "compromise" CM?

I am glad David got a gong it was very well deserved he did a great job it is a shame manx crabs have to try and take the shine of it but they are usually sad, pathetic people who never do anything but envy other people’s achievements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I am glad David got a gong it was very well deserved he did a great job it is a shame manx crabs have to try and take the shine of it but they are usually sad, pathetic people who never do anything but envy other people’s achievements.

Well said Howard...

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Your family allegiance is touching Mrs. Ashford but it’s now time for your comfy slippers and a nap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Are you standing for election?

How was HQ a "compromise" CM?

No. Don’t even know why that would be relevant to you. Unless of course you think the electorate should not have opinions unless they stand for election.

Most CM appointments tend to be a compromise and this one certainly was. Pure establishment , steady as she goes , no dissent and definitely no changes. Only one way to stop that happening. But it won’t because as I said , nothing ever changes. Status quo rules ok. 

• Like 1