They have gone and done it

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a Tragedy! 

The dogs dangly bits? I think it was both.

Illiteracy and homophobia in one posting - congrats!

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Just wait until they put up a twenty foot plinth in Ridgeway Street with a full size statue of their great leader and master of the town David Christian.

Now that would be a tragedy. 

DSC02620.jpg

• Haha 3
On 10/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The Bee Gees are manx legends.  A statue is the minimum.  End of discussion.

What's the point of a statue? What are we supposed to do with it or use it for?

I’m quite happy with a Bee Gees statute. If it has cost £300k though I’d change my mind. They’re by far the best export we’ve ever had. The 1970s & 1980s were totally grim here. And in contrast there you had the Gibbs leading disco fever with some of the best hits around. If only the IOM at that time was anything vaguely like Saturday Night Fever rather than a dull shit tip. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m quite happy with a Bee Gees statute. If it has cost £300k though I’d change my mind. They’re by far the best export we’ve ever had. The 1970s & 1980s were totally grim here. And in contrast there you had the Gibbs leading disco fever with some of the best hits around. If only the IOM at that time was anything vaguely like Saturday Night Fever rather than a dull shit tip. 

Absolutely agree. Met them all years ago and remember the Union Mills Post Office at that time too. 

1 hour ago, pongo said:

What's the point of a statue? What are we supposed to do with it or use it for?

Well, if anyone actually read the DBC minutes you'd all know that this is just stage one of the plan. 

Stage two is to send an expedition of archaeologists and dark wizards to Mesapotamia to recover the Forbidden Book of Nergal, God of the Underworld.  Then it's only a simple matter of a few obscene incantations, a bit of blood of the innocents here and there, and bish-bash-bosh: DBC has three terrifying disco-dancing bronze golems at their service with which to forcibly annexe Braddan and it's juicy business park.

They tried it once before with the statues of Norman Wisdom and George Formby, but their diabolical spirits were crushed by the sighs of indifference they provoked in all who cast their eyes upon them.

13 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Well, if anyone actually read the DBC minutes you'd all know that this is just stage one of the plan. 

Stage two is to send an expedition of archaeologists and dark wizards to Mesapotamia to recover the Forbidden Book of Nergal, God of the Underworld.  Then it's only a simple matter of a few obscene incantations, a bit of blood of the innocents here and there, and bish-bash-bosh: DBC has three terrifying disco-dancing bronze golems at their service with which to forcibly annexe Braddan and it's juicy business park.

They tried it once before with the statues of Norman Wisdom and George Formby, but their diabolical spirits were crushed by the sighs of indifference they provoked in all who cast their eyes upon them.

Don't be ridiculous!  Christian will never want to annex Braddan.  That would mean he would have to pay Douglas Corpy rates himself.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Don't be ridiculous!  Christian will never want to annex Braddan.  That would mean he would have to pay Douglas Corpy rates himself.

And who exactly is going to make him? They're going to have to deal with a living, and blood-thirsty, simulacrum in bronze of Barry Gibb in his heyday—the falsetto alone is said to be capable of turning a man's innards to mince.