Jump to content

Shoplifter steals fake tan


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is why no one should be named or identified until after finding of guilt. Not just sexual offences. Courts should be open, press must be there. They can report all they want of cases whe

Still a child ?. Read the case, not a stranger to crime, but a stranger to work or abiding by the law or rules. 

On a similar note ...   https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/dna-evidence-frees-teenager-accused-of-burglary/ 17, found not guilty.    “Mrs Hughes awarded costs to Mr R**

1 hour ago, Northern Correspondent said:

"Muldoon was reluctant to do community service"!

Do people choose their own punishments these days?

A strange world indeed where a desire not to work is accommodated by the courts !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, asitis said:

A strange world indeed where a desire not to work is accommodated by the courts !

The subtext seems to be that they know she won't turn up anyway, so the process will just waste everyone's time:

Quote

 

Defence advocate Kate Alexander said: ’Ms Muldoon doesn’t have an appalling record but it’s not a great one either.’

High Bailiff Jayne Hughes asked how Muldoon ever expected to hold down a job when she was not willing to do community service.

Ms Alexander replied: ’I don’t think she has the maturity to realise that’s the way the world works.’

 

Of course there's no guarantee she will turn up for probation appointments either.  But I suppose this way they skip one thing they know won't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

The subtext seems to be that they know she won't turn up anyway, so the process will just waste everyone's time:

Of course there's no guarantee she will turn up for probation appointments either.  But I suppose this way they skip one thing they know won't work.

I guess, but it would have been a quicker way to give her the short sharp shock she so clearly needs, in default going to HMP ! She won't be able to attend probation as she will be having to watch Jeremy Kyle and drink tinnies on the sofa !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I would have thought a bottle of Clearasil might have been a more appropriate snaffle...

meeow...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know. While I think people should receive some kind of punishment for a crime like this, it hardly seems so extreme that you splash an 18 year old's name all over the newspapers. We all made stupid mistakes when we were younger. Surely broadcasting their name in the paper and on the internet for the rest of their lives and impacting on their future employment is over the top consequence to what is just youthful stupidity. I think this is actually a disgusting and spiteful article by IOM Newspapers against someone who is basically still a child and the crime is a childlike one as well. This kind of thing should not be published. Any person with a sense of right and wrong and decency would know that, but apparently not the idiots at IOM newspapers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

I don't know. While I think people should receive some kind of punishment for a crime like this, it hardly seems so extreme that you splash an 18 year old's name all over the newspapers. We all made stupid mistakes when we were younger. Surely broadcasting their name in the paper and on the internet for the rest of their lives and impacting on their future employment is over the top consequence to what is just youthful stupidity. I think this is actually a disgusting and spiteful article by IOM Newspapers against someone who is basically still a child and the crime is a childlike one as well. This kind of thing should not be published. Any person with a sense of right and wrong and decency would know that, but apparently not the idiots at IOM newspapers. 

Still a child ?. Read the case, not a stranger to crime, but a stranger to work or abiding by the law or rules. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

I don't know. While I think people should receive some kind of punishment for a crime like this, it hardly seems so extreme that you splash an 18 year old's name all over the newspapers. We all made stupid mistakes when we were younger. Surely broadcasting their name in the paper and on the internet for the rest of their lives and impacting on their future employment is over the top consequence to what is just youthful stupidity. I think this is actually a disgusting and spiteful article by IOM Newspapers against someone who is basically still a child and the crime is a childlike one as well. This kind of thing should not be published. Any person with a sense of right and wrong and decency would know that, but apparently not the idiots at IOM newspapers. 

Like this one: https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/teen-denies-theft/

And this one: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47837&headline=Teenagers charged with criminal damage&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...