Just now, Non-Believer said:

This is the pic of part of the disputed track accompanying the iomtoday article, presumably the signage was included for effect?

4749_The-Donkey-Track-in-Andreas.jpg

It certainly doesn't look as though it's been subject to any upkeep or maintenance for many a year, publicly funded or otherwise?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I'm kind of getting that impression of you.

So Rich bloke doesn't want the Island's great unwashed cycling and walking through a small piece of his land...fancy that.

At one time the Grand Island was the best hotel on the island .  The reason that it fell into disrepair was calculated neglect , as were a couple of other hotels in Douglas/Onchan. It's not

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

It certainly doesn't look as though it's been subject to any upkeep or maintenance for many a year, publicly funded or otherwise?

nor has the pavement near the 11th milestone on the TT course,  it needs mowing now.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, WTF said:

nor has the pavement near the 11th milestone on the TT course,  it needs mowing now.

Nor had the bridge in Laxey for 7+ years running up to its collapse in the 2015 flooding according to an FOI release in tonight's Independent front page. Engineers reports and warnings about the bridge's supports and footings consistently ignored or not acted on from at least 2007 onwards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
43 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That's true. Doesn't mean it's not a public road though,  whether it suits Trevor Hemmings or not. 

• Like 1

I seriously doubt that Trevor Hemmings himself has any problem with the track. It will be farm managers or estate managers huffing and puffing. BTW, after making enquiries some time ago, I was told that under Manx law, there is no such thing as trespass unless it is within a building or house. JW ?

Edited by Scotty
26 minutes ago, Chris C said:

That's true. Doesn't mean it's not a public road though,  whether it suits Trevor Hemmings or not. 

I'm not taking sides in the dispute :flowers:. But it will be interesting to see how it pans out, particularly if Ray Harmer's alleged assurances can be proved.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm not taking sides in the dispute :flowers:. But it will be interesting to see how it pans out, particularly if Ray Harmer's alleged assurances can be proved.

Ray Harmful is a bit of a lose cannon, I was told.

9 minutes ago, ian rush said:

Ray Harmer - he tries to say yes to everyone.

He’s a politician then!

Unfortunately - uttering those "Yes's" comes with responsibility and accountability. Or it should do.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:18 PM, Chris C said:

In a nutshell:

Once a public right of way has been established, usually from a minimum of 21 years continuous unrestricted use, it will take an Act of Tynwald to reverse it.

Non-use, irrespective of how long, does not relinquish the right of way.