12 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Sorry, not require an Act per se, but rather would need to be extinguished by an Order under an Act of Tynwald.(So yes, does actually require an Act of Tynwald)

Eg  Section 24 of the Highway Act 1927, Highways Act 1986,both of which were to be repealed under The Highways (amendment) Bill 2015.

Well that’s one way of interpreting it. It’s wrong. You’re persistent, but wrong.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I'm kind of getting that impression of you.

So Rich bloke doesn't want the Island's great unwashed cycling and walking through a small piece of his land...fancy that.

At one time the Grand Island was the best hotel on the island .  The reason that it fell into disrepair was calculated neglect , as were a couple of other hotels in Douglas/Onchan. It's not

Posted Images

Just now, John Wright said:

That was Mrs Johnson of the Johnson & Johnson talc and pharmaceuticals family.

She also set up Brightlife.

No idea who owns them now

Ah OK, pretty sure he owns it tho.

Just now, Chris C said:

There you go then....

Well not really.  He's kept something going that someone else actually built.

There's quite a bit going on in there too.

That aside, the hotel in Ramsey is a decent hotel and the prices more than reasonable.   It's was very much needed  up there. 

He employs a lot of people across various functions and had he been engaged a bit more years ago by RTC then the town would have had a redeveloped Quay and I suspect a marina too.

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That aside, the hotel in Ramsey is a decent hotel and the prices more than reasonable.   It's was very much needed  up there. 

He employs a lot of people across various functions and had he been engaged a bit more years ago by RTC then the town would have had a redeveloped Quay and I suspect a marina too.

The hotel in Ramsey is bland and uninspired and expensive for what it is.

He employs a lot of people? What do you call a lot and where?

I've nothing against the fella,  I don't know him, he may well be good for the island (although I think many people view the mega rich with rose tinted spectacles for some reason).

The point is that none of this should matter is what appears to be a fairly clear cut legal dispute. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

TH is not responsible for any marina development. He's holding land and property with a view to redevelopment IF a marina ever gets built by DOI (or the next fundless dreamer who proposes one).

Given what has happened in respect of that in the past, he'll be waiting a while.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

TH is not responsible for any marina development. He's holding land and property with a view to redevelopment IF a marina ever gets built by DOI (or the next fundless dreamer who proposes one).

Given what has happened in respect of that in the past, he'll be waiting a while.

I didnt say he was.  But he could have been the main driver of it.

What I'm saying is that had he been engaged when he came here then Ramsey would be a massively different place.  If I was RTC at the time I'd have crawled out to Andreas and asked what he'd like to do in the town and how they could support it.

Rather than the mess the Quay became thanks to the small time selfish mentality of people like Wilf Young.  Similar mentality that fucked out Peter Lloyd and look what's left there now - a horrific void in the main part of the street.

Look at the carry on TH had with the Grand Island.  You cant develop that unless you build a hotel.  Small time mentality.

TH is a decent guy.  It's been a wasted opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, Chris C said:

The hotel in Ramsey is bland and uninspired and expensive for what it is.

He employs a lot of people? What do you call a lot and where?

I've nothing against the fella,  I don't know him, he may well be good for the island (although I think many people view the mega rich with rose tinted spectacles for some reason).

The point is that none of this should matter is what appears to be a fairly clear cut legal dispute. 

Is it clear cut though really?

80 quid a night is hardly expensive these days for a modern hotel.  It's perfectly nice enough and provides a useful hotel and function area for the town.  It was really needed. 

He employs people across a number of businesses and his personal property.  I suspect he isn't too shy on paying at least the 130k a year in tax too.

The very rich people tend to be viewed with green tinted spectacles rather than rose.

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I didnt say he was.  But he could have been the main driver of it.

What I'm saying is that had he been engaged when he came here then Ramsey would be a massively different place.  If I was RTC at the time I'd have crawled out to Andreas and asked what he'd like to do in the town and how they could support it.

Rather than the mess the Quay became thanks to the small time selfish mentality of people like Wilf Young.  Similar mentality that fucked out Peter Lloyd and look what's left there now - a horrific void in the main part of the street.

Look at the carry on TH had with the Grand Island.  You cant develop that unless you build a hotel.  Small time mentality.

TH is a decent guy.  It's been a wasted opportunity. 

What do you mean by when he came here? He made his first money by developing Ormly estate.

46 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Well that’s one way of interpreting it. It’s wrong. You’re persistent, but wrong.

That may as be. But from my point of view from what I have written I am correct.

You of course do realise that lawyers are wrong 50% of the time. That sir, is a fact of life.

• Haha 1