5 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He announced one major policy change that irked a lot of MHK's. Cregeen is to become the Minister of Home Affairs and Justice. What could possibly go wrong?

Presumably for when the inevitable investigation happens into our Banana Republic style roll call of completely over the top arrests and imprisonments under our emergency powers - and so best position yourself in advance by having a total fucking idiot “in charge” of both the police and the courts system. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Presumably for when the inevitable investigation happens into our Banana Republic style roll call of completely over the top arrests and imprisonments under our emergency powers - and so best position yourself in advance by having a total fucking idiot “in charge” of both the police and the courts system. 

I don't think it is 'in charge' of the courts system as such, unless there is going to be a big change. Maybe JW can clarify?

The courts and judiciary are been virtually autonomous with no political oversight other than feed them stacks of wedge via Treasury. 

They always make sure the Chief Registrar is a bit of a wet,wet,wet and entirely controllable by the courts system, so maybe Cregie is the man. His brother was Chief Registrar before retiring on a huge 40 year final salary civil service pension. 

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

You just know that they're having bets in the Cabinet Office as to who can shoehorn the most pointless quote from the most unlikely person into Quayle's speeches.  I suppose such quotes are meant to convince the listener that the speaker is well-read and has meditated long on the great thoughts of the wise, but all these make you think is that someone's got a book of quotations.

Do Ladybird do a book of quotations?

I would have awarded 10/10 if they had managed to get a quote from Alan Partridge in there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Apple said:

Someone after a gong.....?

To add to the list of bad quotes laced into that terrible speech they might as well as added a quote from Marc Bolan “Get it on, bang a gong,  get it on!” Then again I see that St Gav of St Peter Port is back on the back benches today after being Guernsey’s undisputed covid hero - so politics is a fickle game. 

I suppose given the thinking about how the island has navigated Covid then someone might be considering, like in the future ....er....Sir HQ ?  Would that allow him to be the Lieutenant Governor? just a thought.

• Haha 2

Let me think. Obviously some one who has had it before, somebody who has antibodies, somebody who has had a blood test that shows they have antibodies. Somebody that Obviously thinks that they are immune and they cannot catch it again?.

Where could this person be found, if they they really exist at all. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Let me think. Obviously some one who has had it before, somebody who has antibodies, somebody who has had a blood test that shows they have antibodies. Somebody that Obviously thinks that they are immune and they cannot catch it again?.

Where could this person be found, if they they really exist at all. 

Trump for lieutenant governor!

On 10/23/2020 at 8:58 PM, PaulJ said:

Corrected.

I’m afraid we already have a full complement of gonks.