Mental Health - Are we getting better?

Apple

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

The latest Motiv8 Annual Report (2019-20) is here, including quite a lot about the additional services that are no longer being funded and number of service users etc.  What it doesn't include though is annual accounts in any form or much about where the money comes from for normal running costs.

Thanks for posting the link. Demonstrates the value and importance of what they are doing. 

I too would have liked to see costs / funding arrangements. Hopefully the problems associated with that can be resolved. 

• 3 weeks later...

I Just listened to the CEO of Quing  Alan Graham Clucas, given hours of time to complain about every charity and govt dept involved with mental health and addiction on the Island, at one of these committees looking into mental health. Massive delusions of grandeur.   They should really be checking out his background before recommending him to those that are the most vulnerable in our society. He's not all he claims to be!

4 minutes ago, motormouth mabel said:

I Just listened to the CEO of Quing  Alan Graham Clucas, given hours of time to complain about every charity and govt dept involved with mental health and addiction on the Island, at one of these committees looking into mental health. Massive delusions of grandeur.   They should really be checking out his background before recommending him to those that are the most vulnerable in our society. He's not all he claims to be!

Sounds like you’ve got a vested interest, maybe he’s trodden on your toes? Which mental health or addiction charity do you lead?

10 minutes ago, motormouth mabel said:

How do you mean?

23 minutes ago, motormouth mabel said:

Yes he likes to slag every one else off and thinks he is wonderful, I think you can google his background 

I'm afraid what he had to say was very real. He has had a very rough time mostly of his own making, several diagnoses, intermittent treatments, and has struggled to turn it all around. Some very eminent people support what he has accomplished here but some seem, to me, almost pathologically hate him and his challenges to the 'traditional' approach to mental illness. Wonder why?

I have met both Graham and Quing members and what Graham reported to the SAPRC needed to be said. He has been the only one to raise his head above the parapet.

Things are getting better as now there seems to be someone who is prepared to listen, but only on a temporary appointment apparently. 

Still some way to go but then a new Strategy for Mental Health is needed to deal with the changing circumstances facing us.