Lib Van want to make beer dearer

Just as well that Australian idiot didn't reveal this as a by-election policy.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/opqp/2020-PP-0182.pdf

3. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Minister for Home Affairs – What plans he has to introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol?

That's going to go down well with the Ramsey voters. It certainly means he's lost mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do H&B need any encouragement, legislation or otherwise, to put the prices up...?

Just as well that Australian idiot didn't reveal this as a by-election policy. https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/opqp/2020-PP-0182.pdf 3. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask

He, the Australian Manx Farage, recently led a debate about whether some government institution Or other was fit for purpose. Darent do that about LibVan or himself. There’s no debate. Totally un

3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

3. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Minister for Home Affairs – What plans he has to introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol?

That's going to go down well with the Ramsey voters. It certainly means he's lost mine.

He, the Australian Manx Farage, recently led a debate about whether some government institution Or other was fit for purpose.

Darent do that about LibVan or himself. There’s no debate. Totally unfit for purpose.

That being said I agree with minimum unit pricing. Don’t think it’d put up the price of beer. More like the very cheap, rot gut, cider, spirits and wine 

• Like 3

Do H&B need any encouragement, legislation or otherwise, to put the prices up...?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, piebaps said:

Well it's a question.  The answer to which should be "no plans whatsoever".

Is Hooper proposing they do?

Minimum unit pricing apparently helps, although I do find it hard to believe. It wouldn’t affect pub prices - it’s cheap supermarket beer, or special offers on spirits (bottle of voddy for a tenner for example). 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, pongo said:

I don't see how anyone who self identifies as a Classical Liberal could possibly support government sticking its nose in with price controls.

Classical Liberal? I much prefer Classical Gas.

• Like 1

If I couldn't get my Vodka for a tenner I wouldn't be able afford food!!! That would be worse?

I'm 6'2'' and 5 stone, a spud is good!

Seriously, I think min pricing might raise some to the next price above the crappy Warrington vodka but to not buy at all???

Pongo, what if price controls are maximum? Bread, veg, milk etc? Of course, it would be a subsidy for people who can afford to pay more.

4 hours ago, pongo said:

Points to a fundamental ideological schism within The Party.

:)

The party has an ideology? This will come as news to many.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

...like Mec Vannin, the Celtic League and the Manx Labour Party!

I think Lib Vannin wants to be all things to all people, in doing so they are pretty mediocre at best!