North Quay Parking Tickets

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, you're right.  I have a vested interest.  I'm a traffic warden. And so is my wife.

I just wish someone would start booking vehicles for parking on double yellows and causing danger to other drivers. A twit with a white Dacia was parked on the junction of tennis rd and Brunswick, on

Posted Images

9 hours ago, trmpton said:

There are loads of clearly marked Monday to Saturday bays where you can leave your car.

Or, about 100 yards from those cars there is a huge car park that is always near enough empty over the weekend where you can park up for a full 24 hours for the huge sum of £5.50.

we normally leave the car there.  Bus in late Sunday morning, breakfast in town, but of shopping or watch the football somewhere.  Drive hone late afternoon or grab dinner and head hone mid evening

Diary of a Nobody 2020

On 10/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, Amadeus said:

I know at least some of the tickets were issued within the rules but you really have to question why they are ramping up enforcement now. Coffers empty maybe? 

No doubt all tickets were issued within the rules, if they weren't then the receiver would have a good case to have the ticket cancelled. Are people moaning because they got a ticket for parking illegally?

The parking fascists must have a new incentive - yesterday the Contract Spaces in Shaw's Brow were the target - £100.00 for not displaying a space numbered card in the windscreen.

There must have been 50 - 60 fixed penalty notices on windscreens.

They allow under their Automatic Number Plate Tech to register 3 x vehicles per space but only issue 2 numbered cards.

I have a space and have registered the cars of 2 colleagues who don't have a space - which allows them to use spaces paid for by our business when those with allocated spaces are on annual leave.

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The parking fascists must have a new incentive - yesterday the Contract Spaces in Shaw's Brow were the target - £100.00 for not displaying a space numbered card in the windscreen.

They allow under their Automatic Number Plate Tech to register 3 x vehicles per space but only issue 2 numbered cards.

I have a space and have registered the cars of 2 colleagues who don't have a space - which allows them to use spaces paid for by our business when those with allocated spaces are on annual leave.

I assume that'll just end up a time consuming admin exercise to scrub most of those tickets.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I assume that'll just end up a time consuming admin exercise to scrub most of those tickets.

I just wish someone would start booking vehicles for parking on double yellows and causing danger to other drivers. A twit with a white Dacia was parked on the junction of tennis rd and Brunswick, on double yellows and part obscuring tennis road junction.  Was there all day Sunday as I assume the driver knew that there would be no parking controllers and that the police would ignore it. Caused an obstruction all day with large vehicles unable to turn down Brunswick road and near accidents as vehicle could not see to exit the junction. Lazy #£_&-+&_, there were spaces 20m away. 

Everyone behaves during the day but come 5pm all bets are off. I reckon a bit of overtime could yield £000's in just one day at the weekend and make the roads safer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

(It) Was there all day Sunday as I assume the driver knew that there would be no parking controllers and that the police would ignore it. Caused an obstruction all day with large vehicles unable to turn down Brunswick Road...

Had you chanced an extremely prolonged wait for an answer by phoning Police Headquarters, you could have reported it.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, quilp said:

Had you chanced an extremely prolonged wait for an answer by phoning Police Headquarters, you could have reported it.

Haha. No I didn't. Police cars drove past and ignored it, just like all the vans parked on the footpaths and double yellow lines. 

It's strange that you can get a £100 fine for a technical infringement of a parking zone but not get booked for parking dangerously on a double yellow in broad daylight.

I have to say that some of the double yellows are ridiculous, many metres either side of junctions. Why not have sensible marking and then enforce the law. Everyone will know where they stand.

• Like 2
On 10/27/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Did you dispute the ticket? 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It's particularly odd because you'd think that the last thing that the Corpy should be doing would be alienating business customers at a time when many must be reconsidering how they manage things like parking and when there might be other alternative for contract parking (such as the bus station site).  

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's particularly odd because you'd think that the last thing that the Corpy should be doing would be alienating business customers at a time when many must be reconsidering how they manage things like parking and when there might be other alternative for contract parking (such as the bus station site).  

1. They’ve a waiting list for spaces.

2. why doesn’t the third user photo copy and laminate the in car card, or the business declare one lost, etc. etc. ( don’t do anything illegal however )

3. What bus station contract parking? Yes they advertised, but have any been let? They aren’t allowed to use the bus station site for car parking. They asked permission and were refused.

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Did you dispute the ticket? 

Indeed I did - with a number of questions regarding them not issuing terms and conditions to users, no signage on display advising of these, and no explanation / notes on the ticket of any rights of appeal.

As it was mentioned earlier it is now an expensive admin exercise - as those I have spoken to all contacted the corpy and have had them rescinded.

Please submit alternative plans to fund the purchase of a new Gold Chain

• Like 1
  • Haha 1