Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

25 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

This Government sound's very dictatorial if you are silenced for being honest and forthright with how you express an opinion, I would be very concerned to allow this to continue in the future. Are we heading for a dictatorship where your opinion only count's if it fit's with the agenda? I would recommend anyone to come out if there are wrongdoing's and mistake's being covered up.

I might be wrong here so am open to correction but, Dr Glover didn't reveal wrongdoings or cover ups on Twitter she just stated that she didn't feel her advice was being listened to and felt "dissed" in press conferences. She also expressed (on here I think) that the culture within DHSC was toxic (that's my lazy paraphrasing).

The issues to me are that I absolutely believe that and that is a failing within the management structure which needs to be addressed and dealt with. Also Dr Glover should have been able to raise these issues and concerns through channels and whistleblow internally up to a point where things start to be taken seriously and listened to without having to resort to tagging Manx Radio journalists into Tweets to get a response. I don't know if every avenue was exhausted to a reasonable degree or the interactions held.

If you take this into the private sector if you took to social media slagging off your MD and board and management which somehow resulted in Manx Radio phoning up the place asking questions I'm not convinced you'd be welcomed back into work on Monday morning with a fresh coffee and a hug.

• Like 7
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

This is what is so extraordinary.  Except it now appears they had since Wednesday morning to get the response correct and they still managed to come up with something that made a staged denunciation a

I quite enjoy Manx Forums. There's nothing wrong with a bit of satire.  Happy to defend myself, wherever that may be. I grew up knocking around Willaston so while you may believe that someone wit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Oh? I thought Dr Glover said that she IS a DHSC employee

No-one likes a coward, sniping anonymously from the sidelines. Be the bigger person and out yourself like the other medical professionals. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
1 minute ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

What makes you think that I am a 'medical professional'?

well you're not Mr Grumpy are you

or did you get your PhD in Marketing?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

What makes you think that I am a 'medical professional'?

I don't know how anyone would be able to reel off the names of all the doctors involved in the government testing unit without being on the inside track. 

No-one likes a smart arse.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I might be wrong here so am open to correction but, Dr Glover didn't reveal wrongdoings or cover ups on Twitter she just stated that she didn't feel her advice was being listened to and felt "dissed" in press conferences. She also expressed (on here I think) that the culture within DHSC was toxic (that's my lazy paraphrasing).

The issues to me are that I absolutely believe that and that is a failing within the management structure which needs to be addressed and dealt with. Also Dr Glover should have been able to raise these issues and concerns through channels and whistleblow internally up to a point where things start to be taken seriously and listened to without having to resort to tagging Manx Radio journalists into Tweets to get a response. I don't know if every avenue was exhausted to a reasonable degree or the interactions held.

If you take this into the private sector if you took to social media slagging off your MD and board and management which somehow resulted in Manx Radio phoning up the place asking questions I'm not convinced you'd be welcomed back into work on Monday morning with a fresh coffee and a hug.

I was not refering to Dr Glover in this case, I was refering to Dr Grumpy in his response that the floodgates would open if there was not a penalty involved, if there are wrongdoing's covered up by silence, this in my opinion is not acceptable. 

20 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I don't know how anyone would be able to reel off the names of all the doctors involved in the government testing unit without being on the inside track. 

No-one likes a smart arse.

First time ever I think, the word smart has been used to describe me. So thanks!

And the information I posted is available in the public domain if you do your research

Just now, Beelzebub3 said:

I was not refering to Dr Glover in this case, I was refering to Dr Grumpy in his response that the floodgates would open if there was not a penalty involved, if there are wrongdoing's covered up by silence, this in my opinion is not acceptable. 

my apologies for misinterpreting the flow of your reply

I think a portion of my response stands - there should be a robust way to escalate issues and have them listened to and steps taken

Whilst I also don't want a silence and censorship culture the opposite is also not conducive to good operation as any old grievance could be aired and not all of them would be with best intentions. Who was the lady who stood for MHK in 2016 with the very public spat with DHSC?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

my apologies for misinterpreting the flow of your reply

I think a portion of my response stands - there should be a robust way to escalate issues and have them listened to and steps taken

Whilst I also don't want a silence and censorship culture the opposite is also not conducive to good operation as any old grievance could be aired and not all of them would be with best intentions. Who was the lady who stood for MHK in 2016 with the very public spat with DHSC?

It is very important to have an open policy on whistleblowing and also support for those that feel the need to "out" certain issue's. IMO every report into any issue's should be investigated thoroughly by an independant body not within the department where the issue has been reported. This should be encouraged and if there is no issue's found/proven, at least you have the evidence to show that an investigation has been carried out and action can be taken or not as the case may be. This should be commonplace especially within Government.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

It is very important to have an open policy on whistleblowing and also support for those that feel the need to "out" certain issue's. IMO every report into any issue's should be investigated thoroughly by an independant body not within the department where the issue has been reported. This should be encouraged and if there is no issue's found/proven, at least you have the evidence to show that an investigation has been carried out and action can be taken or not as the case may be. This should be commonplace especially within Government.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with anything you say there.

A good healthy culture would have plenty of opportunities to raise things internally and that be dealt with and then matters should be able to be raised to an independent body if the internal process yields no result

• Like 2