Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Any news on the Abbotswood and SP inquiries?  I know one is a police matter but really, as I said before, are either highly complex forensic matters? 

SP one due end of April & will be published in full according to Howie 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch, this thread is back. Not unexpected I suppose. 

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

Have you never heard the term whistle-blowing? Dr G. tried every avenue and was well aware of what was at risk on her island. She isn't doing this for publicity, she's been offered far better gigs tha

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

SP one due end of April & will be published in full according to Howie 

I'm not holding my breath. Is anyone? I no longer have any trust or faith in the man. And yes, I did have some at one time not so long ago.

• Like 3

I wonder if Howard will be asked again today about the alleged threat made to Dr Glover by a senior civil servant ?

I suspect he's been well briefed by now or perhaps the big boys will keep him out of the loop. They'll want to play it long and deep. It's easier to bury it that way. 

The moderators have been chatting about the implications for MF of parties, either of them,  to the threatened litigation between Dr Glover and DHSC setting out their positions here.

@rachomicsand @Steve Doyle

Given our experience of receiving letters from advocates, the AG, or even Mr Plod, and Deemsters being handy at criticising MF for alleged breaches of sub judice ( when the information they wanted kept quiet had been published on the courts web site ), we are naturally cautious.

MF doesn’t have the absolute protection of evidence to the PAC, nor the deep pockets to defend its Electronic Communications platform exemption, if challenged. To that extent we aren’t like FB or Twitter.

There is clearly a dispute, both sides have made allegations of criminality, of civil wrongs, of employment status, unfair dismissal. 

Please express opinions but don’t post what you consider to be facts.

And before anyone suggests it, we haven’t been leaned on. We have no means of ascertaining the truth. Our legal position means if challenged we’d have to hide posts. A long time consuming  task. 

please cooperate.

we welcome @rachomics contributions and explanations of her expertise, and on anything else. But please don’t use MF to set out your stall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

in my opinion, not that i consider it a fact, or that facts ever appear on these forums, this thread will be locked in a very short space of time, the rebuttal ( factual or just opinion  ) may be ( not a fact ) installing  defenses  in anticipation to quell the voice of public scrutiny.  just my opinion of course, not a fact , but opinions may vary.  😉   

Edited by Pipsqueak

Personally, I would be happy to see this thread deleted completely. No-one likes to see a thread with their (real) name as the title and which contains personal opinions of testimony that put words in my mouth (both positively and negatively). 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Me also. Problem is it will be resurrected in another form,  for example when the rebuttals are made.

They won’t pass without comment on these forums.

Well obviously, but I can empathise with Dr.G regarding having her name in the title. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Personally, I would be happy to see this thread deleted completely. No-one likes to see a thread with their (real) name as the title and which contains personal opinions of testimony that put words in my mouth (both positively and negatively). 

Is it possible to vote on having this thread deleted? It seems a bit daft to wait for instruction from either Rachomics or her legal team first. I’m happy for all my posts in this thread to be deleted anyway and as much as I can do that I can’t remove the posts that people have quoted.

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

in my opinion, not that i consider it a fact, or that facts ever appear on these forums, this thread will be locked in a very short space of time, the rebuttal ( factual or just opinion  ) may be ( not a fact ) installing  defenses  in anticipation to quell the voice of public scrutiny.  just my opinion of course, not a fact , but opinions may vary.  😉   

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Well said Rachel, I'd agree with that wholeheartedly. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Me also. Problem is it will be resurrected in another form,  for example when the rebuttals are made.

They won’t pass without comment on these forums.

57 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

there's nothing worse than a forum being used as a forum.  

53 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Apart from a forum  being used as a platform for dissemination of false information, insults, and personal attacks etc

51 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well obviously, but I can empathise with Dr.G regarding having her name in the title. 

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Is it possible to vote on having this thread deleted? It seems a bit daft to wait for instruction from either Rachomics or her legal team first. I’m happy for all my posts in this thread to be deleted anyway and as much as I can do that I can’t remove the posts that people have quoted.

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Fine by me to delete any post i have ever made, except for the mallets mallet ones.

There won’t be a vote. We don’t allow revisionism by deletion to change history. If a formal complaint is made that legally justifies any editing we will of course comply.

This was just a request to the parties not to go setting out their cases here if the matter is to go to litigation or criminal proceedings, and to the rest of us to be careful what you post.

• Like 8
9 hours ago, wrighty said:

People get very confused about who is who, especially with all these sequential accounts, and accusations of sock-puppetry (what ever happened to that rule?).  Someone confused me and you yesterday, despite the fact that we've had the same login names for many years, and post under our real names (or almost, in my case).

For the avoidance of doubt, if there is any out there:

The poster 'Wrighty' is Ian Wright, an orthopaedic surgeon based at Noble's.

The poster and moderator 'John Wright' is John Wright, an island based advocate.

As far as I'm aware, the ex-footballer and pundit 'Ian Wright-Right-Right' doesn't contribute to these boards, but no doubt if he did John and I would be confused with him too.

This is not my opinion, its a fact,  

Kristin Shepard, shot JR Ewing, so is in the running for this too, whatever this is.........

• Haha 1