Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think that by posting on the thread, that includes her name and the nature of those posts it does indicate tacit approval for that thread, at least initially. Surely she would have been better ignoring it? (which I earlier referred to as dignified silence)

Given that she did post on the thread it was inevitable that she would attract negative comments. If there were only supporting comments would she still have the same desire for it to be deleted?

I am not fudging any issue or trying to be controversial, just making comment.

Yes, I think she would still ask for it to be deleted.

Isn’t there also an importance to acknowledge that when this thread was created, no one but no one could have predicted how things may have turned out and are still turning out?

Wishing a thread about a spat with your personal name on it is one thing. Wishing a thread that has escalated to police, advocates, etc is quite another.

Just offering another perspective. 

• Confused 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ouch, this thread is back. Not unexpected I suppose. 

Have you never heard the term whistle-blowing? Dr G. tried every avenue and was well aware of what was at risk on her island. She isn't doing this for publicity, she's been offered far better gigs tha

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

To be fair, the thread was created long before the PAC hearing, and I don't think RG objected to it before.  I am a genuine supporter of RG, but you cannot expect something as explosive as what appears to have been going on not to be commented on.  Whether her name is in the title is also irrelevant, it would be mentioned in the thread, so I am not sure where the issue is. 

I will say it again, from what we have seen, I support RG and wait to hear the rebuttal. BTW,  that was supposed to be issued before the end of this week,  that is today. 

As I previously posted Glad, the half-dozen or so varying rebuttals produced by the Cabinet Office Fantasy Unit are still being subject to lack of quality assurance by the Director of Hogwash, the Senior What Will They Swallow Advisor, and the Hokum Testing Team. Should be ready July 27th. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
51 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Yes, I think she would still ask for it to be deleted.

Isn’t there also an importance to acknowledge that when this thread was created, no one but no one could have predicted how things may have turned out and are still turning out?

Wishing a thread about a spat with your personal name on it is one thing. Wishing a thread that has escalated to police, advocates, etc is quite another.

Just offering another perspective. 

Hence my use of the words “at least initially”

You are right though in that nobody  would have forseen this maelstrom 

21 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

As I previously posted Glad, the half-dozen or so varying rebuttals produced by the Cabinet Office Fantasy Unit are still being subject to lack of quality assurance by the Director of Hogwash, the Senior What Will They Swallow Advisor, and the Hokum Testing Team. Should be ready July 27th. 

You missed the Keeper of Smoke and Mirrors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hence my use of the words “at least initially”

You are right though in that nobody  would have forseen this maelstrom 

I disagree, a lot of us though that it had all the makings of a right shitstorm, but naively thought the matter would be effectivelt managed to lessen the risk and reputational damage. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I disagree, a lot of us though that it had all the makings of a right shitstorm, but naively thought the matter would be effectivelt managed to lessen the risk and reputational damage. 

I guess I was not so familiar with Dr G’s modus operandi at that time!

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I guess I was not so familiar with Dr G’s modus operandi at that time!

or the sort of letter shredding antics that sound like a script from Father Ted

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

You missed the Keeper of Smoke and Mirrors.

Sorry about that, particularly as it’s the oldest and most venerated role among the ancient IOMG Order of Obfuscation.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Sorry about that, particularly as it’s the oldest and most venerated role among the ancient IOMG Order of Obfuscation.

He's the one with the wig.

• Like 1