Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

This dog story highlights the utter stupidity of the rules, official gov advice being to travel together to isolate together thus doubling the travelers. Weird.

Still, it was only a dog, not like there had been a previous bout of total insanity when a husband wasn't allowed to share a house with his wife while she recovered from a heart attack or anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

This dog story highlights the utter stupidity of the rules, official gov advice being to travel together to isolate together thus doubling the travelers. Weird.

Still, it was only a dog, not like there had been a previous bout of total insanity when a husband wasn't allowed to share a house with his wife while she recovered from a heart attack or anything.

I've missed you, TP. 

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah well, I need to learn to watch my mouth, up to 8 warning points now.

Really?  I didn't notice you being very confrontational or sweary.  Perhaps it was on the sports threads, which I never visit, just like I never enter pub quizzes because they always throw in a football or cricket question.

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

I got no problem with the teapot being banned from the football thread. The guy's an absolute jonah. Lifetime ban fine by me

Hahahaha!

If I was stupid enough to gamble, I'd be very popular with the bookies.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I got no problem with the teapot being banned from the football thread. The guy's an absolute jonah. Lifetime ban fine by me

Time to ban him is when Liverpool are top of the league. Not now, he can't do much damage now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Really?  I didn't notice you being very confrontational or sweary.  Perhaps it was on the sports threads, which I never visit, just like I never enter pub quizzes because they always throw in a football or cricket question.

I don't think he is either, however he doesn't suffer fools gladly and can often give them what for.  Being fools, it's possible they're making a point of reporting any TP post that may be deemed unacceptable. Fools love to 'win'. Or maybe TP does go too far, it's funny I've never seen it.

Sorry to hear it TP I really enjoy your posts. I have to stop myself liking nearly every one.

When I decided to make Trump dead to me, I did it for my mental well-being.  It's not my job to seek and destroy, my job is to help and support to the ones they have destroyed.  I don't always do what I should, as amply demonstrated on these boards, but I do find that hiding the ones who get to me gives me some protection against reading something that hits me right in the wrong spot, and I'm off shouting my mouth off once again,

There's always the FOMO of course but there's nothing much to miss, it's only the same few sentences regurgitated a thousand different ways designed to inflame and stifle debate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah well, I need to learn to watch my mouth, up to 8 warning points now.

Really...? That surprises me.

3 hours ago, piebaps said:

I get it @wrighty and @Gladys but using some simple logic

Where did our first covid case come from? Travel.

When we locked down in Jan where did the covid come from? Travel.

The source of the current lockdown and Kent variant? Travel.

It therefore screams at me that on a common sense basis, you don't travel unless absolutely necessary. Everyone has a reason for wanting to travel. Mostly these are pretty good reasons too. People are however making difficult sacrifices by choosing not to travel - notwithstanding that they are free to do so.

This woman picking up a dog is IMHO selfish. Josem's tried tweeting about it to garner anto-gov feelings and its backfired on him for this very reason.

Covid got out not from travel per se, but because the rules around travel/quarantine/isolation etc were either wrong, or weren’t followed correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2