Jump to content

Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover


Manx Bean
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That’s big of you. 

Of course I shall answer, but only after you answer mine. It’s only polite. 

He's so full of it, isn't he? In fact, if he was given an enema on his deathbed they'd be able to bury him in a matchbox.

Edited by quilp
Att. Christopher Hitchens.
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

He/they could have been really modest and turned down any interviews. That would have been the sensible thing to do.

Sometimes, less is more. Knowing which PR MO to use and when to apply it takes a certain skill. The CO have lots of PR people but it seems they don't really understand how to use it. 

Seriously? Turn down interviews re good news would be sensible ? Those gained the IOM a lot of favourable coverage which has not been negated by subsequent events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

May I just ask. Do you believe the IOMG pretended it was leading the world in the prevention of COVID?. And if so how?

On the surface, for many months we certainly were one of the leaders, alongside jurisdictions such as New Zealand. Little did we, the Great Manx Public, know there were huge gaps in our defences.

The tragedy is that it appears the IOMG also had no idea. They are the people who should have known and should have closed those gaping holes before they became the economic and social disasters we are dealing with today, and will be for the foreseeable future. 

The majority of the GMP at one time were rightly proud of our covid response and it can only follow that the people who make up the IOMG were also proud of our response.

While the GMP can be forgiven for our possibly misplaced pride as we were not and are not privy to the inner workings of the response, it turns out that the pride of IOMG was little more than arrogant hubris.

Did the IOMG pretend they led the world's covid response? No, they seemed to genuinely believe they were amongst the best.

However, in their arrogance and blindness to their own failings, their unwillingness to admit mistakes, their lack of transparency and refusal to take into account local expert advice, they let us all down. 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

On the surface, for many months we certainly were one of the leaders, alongside jurisdictions such as New Zealand. Little did we, the Great Manx Public, know there were huge gaps in our defences.

The tragedy is that it appears the IOMG also had no idea. They are the people who should have known and should have closed those gaping holes before they became the economic and social disasters we are dealing with today, and will be for the foreseeable future. 

The majority of the GMP at one time were rightly proud of our covid response and it can only follow that the people who make up the IOMG were also proud of our response.

While the GMP can be forgiven for our possibly misplaced pride as we were not and are not privy to the inner workings of the response, it turns out that the pride of IOMG was little more than arrogant hubris.

Did the IOMG pretend they led the world's covid response? No, they seemed to genuinely believe they were amongst the best.

However, in their arrogance and blindness to their own failings, their unwillingness to admit mistakes, their lack of transparency and refusal to take into account local expert advice, they let us all down. 

This 110%.  See also DA's assertion that covid causes strokes.  He MUST substantiate that claim. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Seriously? Turn down interviews re good news would be sensible ? Those gained the IOM a lot of favourable coverage which has not been negated by subsequent events.

As I said, knowing why and when to do it is a skill.

Don't go public on something that is outwith your control. The lockdown following those interviews says it all. IOMG never had it under control. The IOMSPCo "misunderstanding" fiasco proved that. The CO PR people, much like a lot of others in the Manx CS, haven't learnt anything either. Unless you're suggesting that HRH The CM just did it all without referring to the PR people?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

See also DA's assertion that covid causes strokes. 

Strokes to the ego, initially? And an MBE...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

As I said, knowing why and when to do it is a skill.

Don't go public on something that is outwith your control. The lockdown following those interviews says it all. IOMG never had it under control. The IOMSPCo "misunderstanding" fiasco proved that. The CO PR people, much like a lot of others in the Manx CS, haven't learnt anything either. Unless you're suggesting that HRH The CM just did it all without referring to the PR people?

PR involvement or not, somebody so where got it right Taken over the whole of this period, the IOM received more credits than brickbats. (apart from a few grumpy gits on MF in whose eyes they can never do right)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Zarley said:

On the surface, for many months we certainly were one of the leaders, alongside jurisdictions such as New Zealand. Little did we, the Great Manx Public, know there were huge gaps in our defences.

The tragedy is that it appears the IOMG also had no idea. They are the people who should have known and should have closed those gaping holes before they became the economic and social disasters we are dealing with today, and will be for the foreseeable future. 

The majority of the GMP at one time were rightly proud of our covid response and it can only follow that the people who make up the IOMG were also proud of our response.

While the GMP can be forgiven for our possibly misplaced pride as we were not and are not privy to the inner workings of the response, it turns out that the pride of IOMG was little more than arrogant hubris.

Did the IOMG pretend they led the world's covid response? No, they seemed to genuinely believe they were amongst the best.

However, in their arrogance and blindness to their own failings, their unwillingness to admit mistakes, their lack of transparency and refusal to take into account local expert advice, they let us all down. 

As Roger said earlier in the thread not having testing in place for IOMSPCo staff really was the biggest error of judgement. Or in their words 'misunderstanding'.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...