Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

9 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Quite honestly the time to ponder the truth or otherwise of the claims of Dr Glover & HQ/DA is not now. Dr Glover has made a generous offer. It seems apparent that egos, once again, seem more important than the safety of residents.

This in a nutshell. I'm sick to death of all this business and currently the only thing that should matter is the health of our population . Everything else pails in comparision and should be pushed to the side till its appropriate to be dealt with which is definately not currently. The stubborn muppets in charge need a slap and swallow their ego's and pride and take up any offer that could help the situation. Its not happening as Boss man and Ashy and the surrounding lackies have not got it in them .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Numbnuts said:

This in a nutshell. I'm sick to death of all this business and currentky the only thing that should matter is the health of our population . Everything else pails in comparision and should be pushed to the side till its appropriate to be dealt with which is definately not currently. The stubborn muppets in charge need a slap and swallow there ego's and pride and take up any offer that could help the situation. Its not happening as Boss man and Ashy and the surrounding lackies have not got it in them .  

You are the 4th H from OCG and I claim my £10

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Quite honestly the time to ponder the truth or otherwise of the claims of Dr Glover & HQ/DA is not now. Dr Glover has made a generous offer. It seems apparent that egos, once again, seem more important than the safety of residents.

The trouble is, it had to be put on Twatter didn't it?

Why not make the offer but shut up about it? Have some class.

Instead, immediate points scoring public tweet.  Which just galvanises people on the other side of this to resist it.

And people go on about the ego of Quayle et al:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The trouble is, it had to be put on Twatter didn't it?

Why not make the offer but shut up about it? Have some class.

Instead, immediate points scoring public tweet.  Which just galvanises people on the other side of this to resist it.

And people go on about the ego of Quayle et al:rolleyes:

Perhaps because she's discovered by now that if you don't do things publicly and in a verifiable way, then it can be denied that you ever made the offer?  I suppose you could do it via lawyers, but Twitter's hourly rates are a bit lower.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Perhaps because she's discovered by now that if you don't do things publicly and in a verifiable way, then it can be denied that you ever made the offer?  I suppose you could do it via lawyers, but Twitter's hourly rates are a bit lower.

Well that doesn't make sense.

If there was a denial of an offer you would simply show the email etc.

The reality is that it's piss poor to tweet about it. 

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

Well that doesn't make sense.

If there was a denial of an offer you would simply show the email etc.

The reality is that it's piss poor to tweet about it. 

Yes it does make perfect sense.

Putting it into the public domain backs that nice Mr Quayle and acolytes into a corner.

The corner being "If it's free then why not...?"

Not rocket science...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Yes it does make perfect sense.

Putting it into the public domain backs that nice Mr Quayle and acolytes into a corner.

The corner being "If it's free then why not...?"

Not rocket science...

Yes, because backing government  into a corner really works, right?

It just fucking stupid.  Could easily have has a casual chat or email under the radar.  Done the job.  Publicly thanked for it.

Instead, this clusterfuck of ego driven nonsense. 

You're right, it isnt rocket science.

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

If the Government took up my offer they'd have to send both samples and the anonymised COG-UK genomic sequence accessions for me to link them up. Not much point having one without the other. 

What do you mean by "extremely good PR". PR for what? Which of the products my company sells (which aren't linked to or talked about on my Twitter) are the great manx public going to be compelled to purchase after an offer like that?

I would suggest you perhaps be a little less cynical and understand that when you pass someone having a heart attack in the street, you offer to help, you don't walk past. You certainly don't expect people to say "he's only offering to do those chest compressions because it'll be good PR". 

Why not keep quiet about it and just make the offer? 

• Like 1

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

Yes, because backing government  into a corner really works, right?

It just fucking stupid.  Could easily have has a casual chat or email under the radar.  Done the job.  Publicly thanked for it.

Instead, this clusterfuck of ego driven nonsense. 

You're right, it isnt rocket science.

Oh dear.

You seem to have completely missed the point that the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens. Hard to believe after the shenanigans of Thatcher and Bozo Johnson but it's true. Various CM's haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either....

Anyway Dr Rachel should not have to force Tynpotwald into a corner to give the GMP the benefits of her operation. But looking at the history it would appear that it's the only option left.

The question the GMP should be asking themselves is how has it come to this?

As Dr Rachel has offered her services free, gratis and for nothing at this difficult time in order to fulfill their duty to the GMP certain organisations need to swallow their pride and just go with the flow and never mind the quinciquonces.

Bet they don't though - to the detriment of all....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, forestboy said:

If the offer is not taken up then what?

14 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Well no harm in going public at that stage?

Well, that would involve public health/DHSC/CoMin/whoever actually saying "sorry, we don't want to use your services, thanks very much for the offer, here's why we won't use you". 

I've quietly sent emails and I've sometimes backed that up with a public tweet to try and get a response. All I get is radio silence. No refusal of our expertise, no acceptance our expertise, no acknowledgement that we even sent an offer. At least if it's simultaneously public the people who makes these decisions (for the good of the Isle of Man) might have to answer a question some day as to why they ignored the offer.

Radio silence just means that they can try to say "sorry, we didn't see the email, we were busy". They can't easily ignore a public offer on social media in the same way. 

At the end of the day it's about getting the right information to the contact tracing team to explain the unexplained cases as fast as possible to aid decision making. Sod all to do with Taxa's copyright. 

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Oh dear.

You seem to have completely missed the point that the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens. Hard to believe after the shenanigans of Thatcher and Bozo Johnson but it's true. Various CM's haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either....

Anyway Dr Rachel should not have to force Tynpotwald into a corner to give the GMP the benefits of her operation. But looking at the history it would appear that it's the only option left.

The question the GMP should be asking themselves is how has it come to this?

As Dr Rachel has offered her services free, gratis and for nothing at this difficult time in order to fulfill their duty to the GMP certain organisations need to swallow their pride and just go with the flow and never mind the quinciquonces.

Bet they don't though - to the detriment of all....

I'm not sure what you are "oh dear" about.  Bizarre.  I see your trolling hasn't ceased during your ban.

It isn't about cost. Or whether it's a good deed etc.

Have you actually been following what has been happening between Rachael and the government?

I think it's great she can and would do it.  But it is quite clear that if you go about it in the same manner that has inflamed things before ( i.e social media) how would you expect a different outcome?

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

Well, that would involve public health/DHSC/CoMin/whoever actually saying "sorry, we don't want to use your services, thanks very much for the offer, here's why we won't use you". 

I've quietly sent emails and I've sometimes backed that up with a public tweet to try and get a response. All I get is radio silence. No refusal of our expertise, no acceptance our expertise, no acknowledgement that we even sent an offer. At least if it's simultaneously public the people who makes these decisions (for the good of the Isle of Man) might have to answer a question some day as to why they ignored the offer.

Radio silence just means that they can try to say "sorry, we didn't see the email, we were busy". They can't easily ignore a public offer on social media in the same way. 

If you had emailed them this offer and there is radio silence or ignorance etc then I agree with what you are saying.

If twitter is essentially the first port of call (or the simultaneous port of call) then I disagree with that approach.

Given that this has broken out today it wouldn't appear you've given them long at all to respond?