Jump to content

Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover


Manx Bean
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

How can the PUBLIC Accounts Committee be held in private? What is wrong with this place?

It’s fine really and you always have the old boat option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

How can the PUBLIC Accounts Committee be held in private? What is wrong with this place?

See the islandlife.im Paul Moulton interview with Chris Robertshaw.  Covers the point by point rebuttal, SP, Abbotswood and the need for private evidence from Dr Ranson.  He was not being drawn on why, but in the absence of the point by point rebuttal, perhaps you can draw your own conclusion. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

There is, it's called a General Election.

 Not really, because the vast majority pay no interest in politics at all apart from the recent press briefings.

In the eyes of most voter DA is a legend because we could go to the pub last summer.  He must be ace, he got a gong right?

The press hardly ever push them, and if they do most people aren't listening or reading.

The levels of apathy are astounding.  Most DA fans wouldn't have known who the health minister was of you had asked 18 months ago.

Something needs to change.  It never will though.  People just don't care

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

See the islandlife.im Paul Moulton interview with Chris Robertshaw.  Covers the point by point rebuttal, SP, Abbotswood and the need for private evidence from Dr Ranson.  He was not being drawn on why, but in the absence of the point by point rebuttal, perhaps you can draw your own conclusion. 

I am reliably informed that Dr Ranson has been pushed out of the DHSC. If she's coming back to give evidence in front of the PAC, we can expect some fireworks methinks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I am reliably informed that Dr Ranson has been pushed out of the DHSC. If she's coming back to give evidence in front of the PAC, we can expect some fireworks methinks...

Well, I wondered because she has been invisible since the start of this.  In fact, I wondered if we had a medical director at all.

Afraid to say, the more I see these revelations and handling of tricky situations the more I agree with Bill Shimmins.  There has to be demonstrable accountability.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

How can the PUBLIC Accounts Committee be held in private? What is wrong with this place?

Because it’s about Public, ie state, finances, spending of tax payers money, not about whether it’s heard in public or private.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I am reliably informed that Dr Ranson has been pushed out of the DHSC. If she's coming back to give evidence in front of the PAC, we can expect some fireworks methinks...

It may have escaped your notice that all medical and nursing staff, from the lowliest cleaner and care assistant to medical director level, got pushed out of DHSC on 31/3 but  started at Manx Care on 1/4.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

dhsc-governance-structure-april-2021-220421

 

You can see Dr Ranson on these charts but not in a prominent role for some reason.

Manx Care now have their own Medical  Director.

(link does not work but can be copied and pasted)

Edited by Apple
link not working
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Apple said:

dhsc-governance-structure-april-2021-220421

 

You can see Dr Ranson on these charts but not in a prominent role for some reason.

Manx Care now have their own Medical  Director.

(link does not work but can be copied and pasted)

 

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

But as she’s Medical Director, Manx Care, the delivery body, you wouldn’t  expect her to feature in the committee and governance structure of DHSC, the commissioning and regulatory body. Except occasionally, for very limited purposes. 

It’s the Manx Care operational governance structure that she’ll show up on. Or not, as the case may be. Medical Director seems to change frequently, and I’ve no idea of the interplay between Dr Ranson and Sree Andole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...