Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 8:59 PM, slinkydevil said:

Here you go:

Islandlife.im is a trading name of Isle of Man Advertising & PR Limited

which if you look at their website is full of images of government ministers. Bingo! 

I wonder if Moulton knows his salary is coming from the pocket of ministers attempting to get good PR? 

Edited by yindyssagh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Paul Moultin has an amazing interview session with our Minister for health. It’s an opportunity for him to use his best interviewing techniques to hold Ashford to account, but instead it came down to elbow digging, big grins and “Oh go on, you know you want to tell me!

PM I think already knows. All he has to do is ask staff at the hospital as most from what I heard of them seem to know.

His body language suggests that to me. He looks almost embarrassed to ask any 'real' questions. 

I had thought PM had integrity. It seems I was incorrect.

He should have been asking why the Duty of Candour was now in ruins and whatever happened to transparency and honesty. He could also ask why the public should have any confidence in DA or DHSC when he won't be open and honest with them.

What has PM got to lose I wonder ?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Here's your Government folks telling you that you've no right to know what happens in your name:

Well it’s not telling me that. It’s telling me that certain information can’t be released at the moment. That’s sometimes the way these things work. It may be frustrating but that’s the way these things work for good reason.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

At the start of the video watch Ashford's knuckles he's not happy. 

Knuckle interpretation. Now there’s a whole new industry to be mined and qualifications to be established. 

“ Do you know I have a diploma from the IKRA (The International Knuckle Reading Association)”?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Improvement on the original

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it’s not telling me that. It’s telling me that certain information can’t be released at the moment. That’s sometimes the way these things work. It may be frustrating but that’s the way these things work for good reason.

ExcellentShortIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Public enquiry in 2022 will sort all this out. Inevitable...and with new MHKs.

Which would achieve absolutely nothing. Even if any blame was apportioned there would have been departures, slates wiped clean and accountability rendered passé. The establishment looks after itself and its childer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, something is being worked on at the lab to allow identification of the variant at the same time as testing.

I thought the variant was irrelevant because our response would be the same and it was important to feed into the UK data?

• Like 2

Ashford’s obfuscation, half-truths, avoidance of honesty, manipulation and answering a question other than the one actually asked are straight out of the Tory ‘Media Interview Playbook 2021’ but delivered much more amateurishly. It’s as if Conservative Central Office have deliberately made this video for aspirant parliamentary candidates - ‘How not to do it - he’s read the book, but hasn’t grasped how to perform’.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Ashford’s obfuscation, half-truths, avoidance of honesty, manipulation and answering a question other than the one actually asked are straight out of the Tory ‘Media Interview Playbook 2021’ but delivered much more amateurishly. It’s as if Conservative Central Office have deliberately made this video for aspirant parliamentary candidates - ‘How not to do it - he’s read the book, but hasn’t grasped how to perform’.

These are serious matters. Some one will be impacted somewhere along the line when it comes to health. It is so serious it can not be made public - yet. 

And these two are guffawing like a couple of drunken mates down the pub talking about say football.

Serious matters need serious people to deal with them. It's a joke, but one only shared between DA and PM. 

• Like 3