Jump to content

Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

How do I apply? It was. Although my Taxa Genomics insurance covers almost everything a medical research and clinical diagnostics company might need. They were given the option of reactivating m

This is what is so extraordinary.  Except it now appears they had since Wednesday morning to get the response correct and they still managed to come up with something that made a staged denunciation a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So you are the grammar Police now Gladys........great probably the most important job you have ever done in your miserable life.

How would you know? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.... I had to look up Dr. Glover. As far as I can ascertain, she is not a medical doctor and does not have any relevant field expertise or experience in controlling a Pandemic. Also there's plenty of local experience and expertise in laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19. So I'm at a loss trying to understand why we think HQ should be listening to her rather than his Public Health and Infection control consultants. What am I missing here?

Edited by Dr. Grumpy
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Hmm.... I had to look up Dr. Glover. As far as I can ascertain, she is not a medical doctor and does not have any relevant field expertise or experience in controlling a Pandemic. Also there's plenty of local experience and expertise in laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19. So I'm at a loss trying to understand why we think HQ should be listening to her rather than his Public Health and Infection control consultants. What am I missing here?

I might be wrong but if it wasn't for her we probably wouldn't have had the testing facility up and running in such a short time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I might be wrong but if it wasn't for her we probably wouldn't have had the testing facility up and running in such a short time.

With respect, you are incorrect. It was people like Dr Shields, Mr Doyle and Dr Khan who were and are key to our success with on-island testing for COVID-19

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

With respect, you are incorrect. It was people like Dr Shields, Mr Doyle and Dr Khan who were and are key to our success with on-island testing for COVID-19

OK I'm wrong.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

With respect, you are incorrect. It was people like Dr Shields, Mr Doyle and Dr Khan who were and are key to our success with on-island testing for COVID-19

I hope they've been recognised and rewarded for their efforts because they seem to have been very low profile? Of course they may have preferred that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...