Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

How do I apply? It was. Although my Taxa Genomics insurance covers almost everything a medical research and clinical diagnostics company might need. They were given the option of reactivating m

I quite enjoy Manx Forums. There's nothing wrong with a bit of satire.  Happy to defend myself, wherever that may be. I grew up knocking around Willaston so while you may believe that someone wit

Posted Images

11 hours ago, rachomics said:

My impression of Howard from the one time I've met him (UCM awards ceremony a few weeks ago) and the briefings is that he's rather superior and clearly thinks he's better than everyone else. He hasn't left the door open for negotiations, he's not interested in the negotiations, he believes they're beneath him

But politicians shouldn’t be involved in these negotiations. They should be setting the policy parameters, ie, we want this troublesome woman on board for what she brings to the party, either at any price or as long as she doesn’t cost more than the alternatives ( if there are any ), or who will rid me of this troublesome woman? Go find someone, anyone, else, at any price.

For parish pump politics to descend to this level it takes misjudgments of responsibility on both sides. 

It is HQ’s responsibility, and decision, who to take advice from and which conflicting advice to listen to.

Its HQ and DA job to set policy, and parameters, as I’ve described above.

Its then down to senior civil servants to do coal face negotiations. Then present results for consideration and sign off, or rejection.

Too often here everyone seems to want to short cut and go straight to the minister or an MHK. That isn’t, or shouldn’t be, their job. 

Is it any surprise that service delivery is so ad hoc and dysfunctional.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

But politicians shouldn’t be involved in these negotiations. They should be setting the policy parameters, ie, we want this troublesome woman on board for what she brings to the party, either at any price or as long as she doesn’t cost more than the alternatives ( if there are any ), or who will rid me of this troublesome woman? Go find someone, anyone, else, at any price.

For parish pump politics to descend to this level it takes misjudgments of responsibility on both sides. 

It is HQ’s responsibility, and decision, who to take advice from and which conflicting advice to listen to.

Its then down to senior civil servants to do coal face negotiations. Then present results for consideration and sign off, or rejection.

Too often here everyone seems to want to short cut and go straight to the minister or an MHK. That isn’t, or shouldn’t be, their job. 

He put the pomp in pompous 

9 hours ago, PaulJ said:

So not untenable after all then?

The only untenable part, if you listen to what I said to Paul Moulton, was continuing to work as a DHSC employee when the specifics of my employment status meant my expertise would never input to anything which aided decision making. The role wasn't untenable, just my specific employment status.

I don't suppose you moonlight as "Isabella Brown" on Facebook, do you? The pair of you seem to have a very similar dislike of me. 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I should have phrased it better. My point was that HQ isn't involved in negotiations at all. 

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, rachomics said:

The only untenable part, if you listen to what I said to Paul Moulton, was continuing to work as a DHSC employee. The role wasn't untenable, just my employment status.

I should have phrased it better. My point was that HQ isn't involved in negotiations at all. 

Which is as it should be.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

My impression of Howard from the one time I've met him (UCM awards ceremony a few weeks ago) and the briefings is that he's rather superior and clearly thinks he's better than everyone else. He hasn't left the door open for negotiations, he's not interested in the negotiations, he believes they're beneath him. 

For clarity comment was about HQ

I'm curious. Was this post meant for here? It's just that it reads like a sort of note meant for somewhere else?