Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

Have you never heard the term whistle-blowing? Dr G. tried every avenue and was well aware of what was at risk on her island. She isn't doing this for publicity, she's been offered far better gigs tha

I quite enjoy Manx Forums. There's nothing wrong with a bit of satire.  Happy to defend myself, wherever that may be. I grew up knocking around Willaston so while you may believe that someone wit

Posted Images

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I don’t think they’ll make any money at £50 a shot. That figure was always said to be cost, reagent, sample kits, running the machinery, staff costs of 111, sampler, path lab staff, etc.

I suspect they would actually be making quite a big profit.  Because the government is running a testing schedule in any case, any extra tests added on will only be at marginal cost - swabs, small extra amounts of reagents, tubes and so on.  A little bit of admin for the certificate.  The big costs of machinery, staff and so on will spent in any case.

If we were near capacity in testing and they needed to employ more staff or whatever, then that would need to be taken into account, but that's not the case at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

This MBE bloke is looking worse by the day. Is it possible to retract an honour like this once they realise they might have made a grave mistake?

To be honest when you look at the assorted crooks and cronies Boris gave titles and gongs to on that list, most people would have been trying to find a way not to be associated with it.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Surely the letter did not go through official channels as in to his official address, so in my view that is a private letter. It was read out as a private letter with consent I’d the author, which in my view does not make it official. The fact the author was respectful enough to address DA as “Minister”, does not alter things.

Tongue-GettyImages-130898101-1280x960-660x495.jpg

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Surely the letter did not go through official channels as in to his official address, so in my view that is a private letter. It was read out as a private letter with consent I’d the author, which in my view does not make it official. The fact the author was respectful enough to address DA as “Minister”, does not alter things.

There used to be a bloke called dilligaf on this forum who couldn't stop himself from giving out references and defending the indefensible.

Edited by Barlow

Sometimes people need to say what they think and support those who have to make decisions we would not want to or be capable of. It is so easy to sit in the armchair with a tin of Stella and preach about how the isle should be run. Good luck to you changing things from home. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

I am abiding by the regulations. And I know they are for the common good. I’m just saying it’s hard. And I’m a bit sick of the vaguely racist attitude displayed by a minority towards ‘come overs’

I was not getting at 'come overs', and I apologize if I gave that impression.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

It was sent to him as "Minister", so hard to argue it was not sent to him in his "official" capacity. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Gladys said:

It was sent to him as "Minister", so hard to argue it was not sent to him in his "official" capacity. 

Yes I think most people think that way to be honest. It was sent by an employee to someone who regarded him as their superior in a work setting. It wasn’t a personal letter at all. 

• Like 1