Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are. Without @rachomics on island PCR testing for covid would not have happened when it did, if at all. Of course, Rizwan Khan and Steve Doyle were vital too - sorry don’t know Dr Sh

This is what is so extraordinary.  Except it now appears they had since Wednesday morning to get the response correct and they still managed to come up with something that made a staged denunciation a

How do I apply? It was. Although my Taxa Genomics insurance covers almost everything a medical research and clinical diagnostics company might need. They were given the option of reactivating m

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

I'm bored of Quayle. I'm bored of Ashford. I'm bored of Glover.

Some are hoping the vaccine will free us of Covid-19. 

I am hoping it will free of these tiresome personalities in the media day in, day out.

I'm bored of Glover being in the media too. There doesn't seem to be any way I can stop them though. If I tweet anything other than scientific tweets people don't understand then they make a news story out of it and they certainly don't ask me first. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Well done.  That's brill:thumbsup:

Good luck with it.  Not very often you meet a bird with any kind of sporting accuracy, so, respect.:)

Is that your best chat up line. 🤣

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

I would pay to watch Rachel, Minister for Health and anti-vax nutter in boardroom.

I've already encountered Courtney. I ended up walking away. There's no convincing someone that's so far down the rabbit hole. Science and logic doesn't work on them. 

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Courtney Heading is hilarious. I've not heard much of him recently, is he being censored by big tech and big pharma?

Oh no, definitely not censored. He's still active and apparently has a book coming out. I'm one of many on his current email list being told that we're covid criminals and will be taken to a nuremberg-style trial for our crimes. 

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Courtney Heading is hilarious. I've not heard much of him recently, is he being censored by big tech and big pharma?

No. He’s got smallpox.

• Haha 2

Following posts on MF is sometimes like  watching a pin ball machine as if the ball pings  randomly from one topic to another.

After many posts, I am still unclear about the “spat” was/ is , as titled and  having failed to glean what it was really all about , I am just hopeful that “normal service has been resumed” - in everyone’s interest.

Meanwhile, the frenetic silver  ball   has being pinging  wildly and randomly, now off on another trajectory about vaccines, and “Ping - ping “ .. Oh no ..not  the anti vaxxers..

If the “Spat” is resolved,  honour satisfied etc., etc.  perhaps  it is time to draw this topic to a conclusion.

Edited by hampsterkahn
2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

He definitely a (dangerous) nutter who now has a criminal record. Imagine at least now will not get much air time at Manx Radio. He sort of entertaining, until listen carefully to views he holds. He believes Autism is caused by MMR vaccine and encourages parents to refuse all vaccination programs. Autism by its own definition is a developmental disorder, who diagnosis requires evidence of certain behaviors from earlier childhood (i.e. before any vaccinations). Idea that 3rd party is coercing parents to refuse medical treatment in form of vaccinations for their kids is just dangerous. He is in the offensive, ignorant and dangerous bucket; I was thinking of much more your plain old little bit odd bucket nutter.

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

There doesn't seem to be any way I can stop them though.

There is, try not to say anything of any interest to the vast bulk of population, for example, anything in science above undergraduate level will definitely not appear in press. Personal attacks ensures clicks for press, along with anything on border policy, and more binary view/event the more clicks. In this crisis I think been ideal if press tried to present a balanced view, with rational debate, but this does not get clicks, and clicks puts food on the table. The Director of Health and MHKs knew (I imagine) they signed up for jobs listening to people moaning all day. And I would let them just get on with it. Anyone in media appearing round COVID policy will attract their allocation of moaners.   

With press now Jersey is blowing up, Jersey Press views are rocketing and been winning the jackpot with appearances on national TV news. Their business is booming. The IoM Press, by comparison because of competent, coherent policies followed here, has to live off scraps of internal departmental bitching.

Edited by BenFairfax
typos
10 hours ago, rachomics said:

This is the ONLY reason that might sway me to enter politics in the future (like, in 10-20 years or something). The dishonesty and digging in of heels is something I find absolutely abhorrent. 

Good. The corruption that goes on here is like something you'd expect in a third world country.