Captialising on Covid - what opportunities could there be for IoM?

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

I said on the other thread we should be all over this.

Top Gear.  Get them over, let them all isolate for two weeks then give them free run of the place to film the next series over a few weeks.

That I’m a celebrity rubbish.  As above.  Great opportunity to showcase the island to millions who have never heard of the place.

The Villa/Gaiety.  Get big name stand ups etc over and let them do their first live show for months, film it and broadcast around the world.

Just of the top of my head.  There are loads, but no one in government will have even spoken to the BBC, ITV, Amazon etc

Jools Holland on NYE.  How many will tune in to that this year if all stuck at home?  Do it on the Royal Hall and just get him the guests and crew to isolate first.  Etc etc

There is potential for Top Gear to do something on the TT course.

BBC1 normally broadcasts a live concert on New Years Eve. Jools Holland is normally recorded at the BBC studios in early December.

17 minutes ago, prism10 said:

There is potential for Top Gear to do something on the TT course.

BBC1 normally broadcasts a live concert on New Years Eve. Jools Holland is normally recorded at the BBC studios in early December.

Even the pre-recording of Jools Holland will be difficult/impossible this year. 

• Sad 1

I wish I could share peoples optimism about the future.

Some people know there's massive troubles ahead, some ignore what might be and some don't want to know.

If the admins will allow, then I will send a link. If not, then obviously I won't but it will affect everyone on the island eventually.

• Like 1

If you're absolutely certain it's so serious that it's going to affect everyone on this Island eventually, why do you think MF is the place to publicise it? What possible reason could the "admins" have for not allowing you to post the link? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, quilp said:

If you're absolutely certain it's so serious that it's going to affect everyone on this Island eventually, why do you think MF is the place to publicise it? What possible reason could the "admins" have for not allowing you to post the link? 

You're right. I can think of better places to post and having previous negative experiences from a specific admin, then best to forget things on here.

27 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Fuck, forgot about those pesky satellites burning the Australian bush aswell.

Science and facts are just points of view remember.

Edited by pongo
2 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

Is it the crazy ass shit like the 5G nonsense?

It'll be related to community vaccinations. Possibly suggesting it has included in it some form of radar reflective isotope that when given a directed radio wave (pulsed out from all those strategically-placed 5g masts on every corner in every town and city) it will become a channel for big brother type subliminal auto-suggestion and altering brain patterns that will turn us all into zombies or another form of mind-control and if we don't respond correctly it'll be able to release charged particles that will sizzle our frontal cortex to mush.

Possibly. 

Edited by quilp
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

The coming economic collapse will be a great opportunity to once and for all end big government and smash to pieces the civil service and its stranglehold on the island's economy and social fabric.

Amidst the hyperbole their is a nugget of truth in there.

10 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Amidst the hyperbole their is a nugget of truth in there.

Of course there is, but it's really not hyperbolic. Do you really think the Isle of Man finance sector (which is the basis for the island's overall economy) is going to survive the World Economic Forum's Global Reset agenda? We're nothing to them.